Are The Moralists Still Not Watching?

I haven't watched any. I haven't tried to convert anyone or foist my views on anyone else about it either. Ive only outlined my position when asked iirc. If people want to watch it then so be it. For me personally, I don't feel like I can. As long as I don't try and impose on anyone else then I hope people would return the favour and respect my position as well.
I'm not saying I don't respect your right to not watch it on moral grounds, but I'm curious to know how you draw the line on things like this when the vast majority of countries have dubious laws, customs and rulers that are absolutely corrupt. Qatar are still in the middle ages but why are they singled out?

........or have they cracked?
I hope we all have morals. I watched Boro today to get a look at some of our championship rivals. Luton look a poor team but with the ability to cause unexpected damage. Boro were profligate and we're lucky Luton had a man sent off.

Can honestly say I still haven't watched or listened to a single second and it hasn't been a problem at all, though I'm a little tempted tonight. As the parent of a teenage gay daughter, fifa and uefa can fck right off and will never directly nor indirectly receive my money or support again.

Good on ya its like saying we should watch the skunks same corrupt bastards.

No apparently they are not.....i said 2 weeks ago a TRUE Football fan would not be able to help themselves watch the greatest sporting event on Earth and i got lambasted by a few of them......

They wont be able to watch 2026 World Cup either....its in USA....lots of hatred over there with religion , race , politics , gays etc.......and people carry weapons and cause mass shooting....so the poor moralists will have to wait to 2030
Are you saying people watching lack morals? Glad I'm not watching. People boycotting aren't castigating those who do watch yet you seem to be crowing against people taking a moral stance. Shame on you but no shame on people watching because they enjoy it.

If they are still not watching good on them. Don’t know why they are being called out - it is shite that it’s being held there. Plenty on here (me included) think it’s shite that it’s being held there - I’ve still watched it though.

Qatar is still in the dark ages but they have made big strides lately. Tournaments like this surely encourage these countries to take a look at their laws and practices and move them closer to the rest of the world. The criticism is warranted but I support it for the reasons above.
Like Russia changed. Or ate they at war with their neighbour causing all.manner of bother across Europe and the globe in general.
I'm not saying I don't respect your right to not watch it on moral grounds, but I'm curious to know how you draw the line on things like this when the vast majority of countries have dubious laws, customs and rulers that are absolutely corrupt. Qatar are still in the middle ages but why are they singled out?
Maybe you answered your own question there with the last sentence. We all know who the key rogue states are, many in the middle east, north Korea and China along with Russia being the worst.

Last edited:
I didn't have any interest in it and I don't sit and watch it beyond when I'm at work as something to do.
It's filling the football gap though, as it happens.

I think it’s an awful time and place for a WC. I’m sure most wad agree, moralists or not.
I watched very few of the midweek group games and midweek KO games due to being at work. Watched a lot of the first weekends games as I’d done my neck and spent the entire weekend infront of TV screen. Watched very few midweek KO games. All in all I’ve watched less WC games this time around then ever before, even the Far East one I saw more.
The feckers responsible for choosing the venue for the greatest sporting competition on the planet based on their own personal gain should be up against a wall somewhere. No amount of snide internet oneupmanship will ever change that.

Back