Apple

Status
Not open for further replies.
60fps 4k video recording, the fastest cpu/gpu on a mobile are two major things.

Extras are there if you want them, you also need to fork out for samsung extras, wireless charging pads, dex etc.. if you want them, that's why they are called extras. You get everything in the box you need, anything else is optional marra
Fastest cpu? But Apple are not publishing how much ram the handset has.. I beg to differ and I'm an ex Apple user (iphone6) I have the s8 and it is something special I seem to pick it up more and don't use my iPad pro as much. I can't see Apple ever offering something like dex that would turn your iPhone into a desktop.

60fps 4k video recording, the fastest cpu/gpu on a mobile are two major things.

Extras are there if you want them, you also need to fork out for samsung extras, wireless charging pads, dex etc.. if you want them, that's why they are called extras. You get everything in the box you need, anything else is optional marra

With smartphone sized optics. :lol:

And since when has "the fastest cpu/gpu on a mobile" been a necessary feature? Most people can''t even tell.

Apple makes more money than most countries exactly because of utter idiots like you.

Fastest cpu? But Apple are not publishing how much ram the handset has.. I beg to differ and I'm an ex Apple user (iphone6) I have the s8 and it is something special I seem to pick it up more and don't use my iPad pro as much. I can't see Apple ever offering something like dex that would turn your iPhone into a desktop.

Yep.

"It looks like Apple's new iPhones are about to blow away the competition, as usual. Leaked benchmark numbers published online position the iPhone X and iPhone 8 as the fastest smartphone out there, and even faster than some PCs with Intel's 7th Gen Core CPUs."

Source (one of many) : https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-x-8-a11-bionic-benchmarks,news-25835.html

Remember Dex is just a dock, no different to plugging your iOS device into a cheap hdmi adaptor and using a bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

Would like to try one in real life mind, just to see how it works - it's a very neat solution thats for sure.

Yep.

"It looks like Apple's new iPhones are about to blow away the competition, as usual. Leaked benchmark numbers published online position the iPhone X and iPhone 8 as the fastest smartphone out there, and even faster than some PCs with Intel's 7th Gen Core CPUs."

Source (one of many) : https://www.tomsguide.com/us/iphone-x-8-a11-bionic-benchmarks,news-25835.html

Remember Dex is just a dock, no different to plugging your iOS device into a cheap hdmi adaptor and using a bluetooth keyboard/mouse.

Would like to try one in real life mind, just to see how it works - it's a very neat solution thats for sure.
For sure I think for the price it's awesome but buy one from Europe not the uk cos you get more in the box.

Yep.

End of the day it's only a phone and most of the time your never gonna do a side by side comparison.

Aye the water proofing is amazing, made me use my watch loads more - battery is also much better with the S2, so will be again with the S3 I guess?

Have EE said how much extra for e-sim yet, with the LTE watch?

Yep, you can mate - i've done this a few times. Save a fortune!

They are global the sim free ones so you are fine.
I ordered it from EE so it's an extra £25 a month but I used my uni days discount so 20% off that . Free for the 38mm or £29.99 upfront for 42mm . Works out about the same as buying it from apple

Pound is starting to pick up against USD since the BoE started making noises about rate rises, so that might be a good strategy. If you're determined to piss your money away anyway.

need a new phone mate. My 6+ is coming up 3 years old and I've regretted the 16gb since i got it. I'm locked in to the apple ecosystem, have an applewatch, macbook, nearly everyone I know uses iMessage. If i get a £150 android, it'll most likely be slower than my 6+, have a worse screen ect. If i spend more and get a high end android I loose all that compatibility. I could go for an 8+ and a save a little bit, but whenever I see someone with a X I'll regret not getting it. I use my phone a lot. It's my entertainment on the train to and from work for 2 hours a day. I use it when I'm at work to get to our internal websites when I'm around campus ect, so I want something decent, I know it's expensive but to me it's money well spent, especially if i get 3 more years out of it.

I used my uni days discount so 20% off that .

i didn't know that was on there. thanks for that! Im not a student, but i work at newcastle uni so get access to those deals as if i was :cool::cool:

Last edited:
Pound is starting to pick up against USD since the BoE started making noises about rate rises, so that might be a good strategy. If you're determined to piss your money away anyway.

Problem I've had when I've been over before Billy was the sim free piece. Every time I've been in they wanted to attach it to one from a list of american line suppliers, which undid the reason for procuring. I am going to get myself the ipad pro this year from Florida though, nigh on £200 saving from UK prices. Anyone have one/use one?

need a new phone mate. My 6+ is coming up 3 years old and I've regretted the 16gb since i got it. I'm locked in to the apple ecosystem, have an applewatch, macbook, nearly everyone I know uses iMessage. If i get a £150 android, it'll most likely be slower than my 6+, have a worse screen ect. If i spend more and get a high end android I loose all that compatibility. I could go for an 8+ and a save a little bit, but whenever I see someone with a X I'll regret not getting it. I use my phone a lot. It's my entertainment on the train to and from work for 2 hours a day. I use it when I'm at work to get to our internal websites when I'm around campus ect, so I want something decent, I know it's expensive but to me it's money well spent, especially if i get 3 more years out of it.

i didn't know that was on there. thanks for that! Im not a student, but i work at newcastle uni so get access to those deals as if i was :cool::cool:
I'm not a student either but have access to an account :)

Except that the Dex also charges your phone, gives you a fast ethernet network connection and gives you 2 full sized USB ports, and lets you use whatever keyboard and mouse you want, and decent (lossless) speakers too. And it switches to a traditional desktop UI when docked, as do the main apps (eg Chrome). And you can move and resize them. And it lets you run multiple instances of them.

So it's more like using a computer than a phone, which is what you''d want.

Logon or register to see this image

It's night and day different to just copying your phone screen to a bigger screen. And I don't even like or follow Samsung phones, typically.

And you can't use a normal Bluetooth mouse with iOS. At least not without rooting your phone. Which then breaks other things like Apple Pay.

You really are full of shit when it comes to your relentless Apple promotion. Stop telling lies, and let people make their own minds up from actual facts.

Problem I've had when I've been over before Billy was the sim free piece. Every time I've been in they wanted to attach it to one from a list of american line suppliers, which undid the reason for procuring. I am going to get myself the ipad pro this year from Florida though, nigh on £200 saving from UK prices. Anyone have one/use one?

You wont have issues now, that was years back when they tied them to AT&T or Verizon. Now you walk in, get sim free/without plan and you are set. They’ll even put your UK sim in and setup if you really want..

I got the pro (10.5) over there earlier in the year, 4G EE model, popped my sim in, worked straight away no issues. Or you can use the inbuild apple sim to signup to a carrier if you wish.

The new pro is much better than the old generation, much faster (of course) and the screen is albsolutely stunning. It is nice and light, paired with a keyboard and you are laughing.

Get any accessories you need at the same time as well and you’re saving a fortune.

your mostly right but this bit is wrong. Ive always had a jailbroken iphone and applepay is fine
It's a known problem area when jailbreaking according to Apple. I'm also guessing that they're about to make it formal. Google already did it, and now you can't even do electronic payment on an Android Gear watch if your Android phone is rooted. The bastards.

It's a known problem area when jailbreaking according to Apple. I'm also guessing that they're about to make it formal. Google already did it, and now you can't even do electronic payment on an Android Gear watch if your Android phone is rooted. The bastards.

i wouldnt be surprised, all the banking apps refuse to work. I am thinking of going stock for IOS11

i wouldnt be surprised, all the banking apps refuse to work. I am thinking of going stock for IOS11

I dunno what to do. I need a new phone. I want to do electronic payment with it. But I need to root it, there's too much stuff I rely on that relies on root. My get out of jail free card was going to be an NFC watch. But now that option's gone too. I'm thinking of carrying a sack of halfpences round with me for payment, just to teach the buggers a lesson.

You wont have issues now, that was years back when they tied them to AT&T or Verizon. Now you walk in, get sim free/without plan and you are set. They’ll even put your UK sim in and setup if you really want..

I got the pro (10.5) over there earlier in the year, 4G EE model, popped my sim in, worked straight away no issues. Or you can use the inbuild apple sim to signup to a carrier if you wish.

The new pro is much better than the old generation, much faster (of course) and the screen is albsolutely stunning. It is nice and light, paired with a keyboard and you are laughing.

Get any accessories you need at the same time as well and you’re saving a fortune.

Spot on @Sleepy my thanks and that's me sold

Just checked the prices on EE, £57.99 a month for the 8 with 8GB of data.
:eek:

Tesco haven't announced their prices yet. I was hoping it would be around the same price (give or take £5 or so) as the 7 currently is and then I'd get an 8 instead of a 7 when my contract is up.

Put a case on it and put a contactless card between the case and phone. Job done.
The phone doesn''t know about the transaction then though. I might have been robbed by a nimble evil genius with a portable NFC reader and not even know. I'm hoping one of them rings might be the new answer. If not, I'll probably go for your idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back