Apple

I'm firmly in the camp of buy one if you want one, if you don't want one, don't buy one.
Bizarre the lengths people go to on these threads to not only justify their personal opinion but to try and suggest that it applies to everyone across the board.
iPhones break when dropped, iTunes doesn't work with obscure operating systems or obscure bands, working practices of Apple are shocking (but then recommend buying a Chinese brand) etc.

It always shocks me when I see people go to Ocean Beach in Ibiza and post a picture of their receipt. Whether I can afford it or not, the prices seem obscene but ultimately people seem to have the time of their lives so good luck to them. People can spend money on what they want and if they get enjoyment from it, however misguided you may think they are, what is there to gain from spoiling that?

Just checked the prices on EE, £57.99 a month for the 8 with 8GB of data.

Anyone else think this is crazy expensive? I remember getting my 6 and was nowhere near that cost.

Also just seen the X, £77.99 a month!!!!

Actually thought you might be joking, madness

I wasn't really being serious. Why do you need your phone rooting?

Yes but it's actually the only current option. I could survive without a rooted phone but it makes some things so much easier.

For example my phone has folders on it which link straight to network drives. Other apps don't even know they're not local. So I don't need to have CIFS support built in to other apps that I would want to access the network. That requires root.

Then there's VPNs. My contract of employment stipulates that, because I use my own phone for work stuff (can't be arsed with carrying two) I have to keep it connected to "an internal or approved third party" VPN when not on "an approved network". But bollocks to that, it slows too much down. So I've set it up to route work stuff through the VPNs, and nothing else. What they don't know, and can't tell, won't hurt them. That needed root.

Similarly I have a bank account in Canada as well as obviously here in Mancunia. The (Canadian) TD Bank app never knows I'm not physically there (yet!) so I'm not constantly tripping geolocated security checks. Root.

Installing alternative OSes needs root. I run LineageOS, the successor to Cyanogenmod. The manufacturer OS was too old and buggy. Also, LineageOS comes with root built in, and uses it for some of its more interesting functions. Like the ability to display network performance stuff in the status bar.

My phone can read and write NTFS flash drives, so I don't have to piss about with file size limitations and keeping some of them formatted just for the phone. That needed root to set up. Dunno if it still needs it to work.

With root I can work around the (completely stupid) SD card functionality that later Android versions have introduced, to some degree.

Root is also handy for troubleshooting. For example if my phone wasn't rooted, I'd never have worked this out. I nearly threw it away (ie. sold it on ebay) because of that.

Probably also loads more stuff that I can't remember!

Enough for you? ;)

Yes but it's actually the only current option. I could survive without a rooted phone but it makes some things so much easier.

For example my phone has folders on it which link straight to network drives. Other apps don't even know they're not local. So I don't need to have CIFS support built in to other apps that I would want to access the network. That requires root.

Then there's VPNs. My contract of employment stipulates that, because I use my own phone for work stuff (can't be arsed with carrying two) I have to keep it connected to "an internal or approved third party" VPN when not on "an approved network". But bollocks to that, it slows too much down. So I've set it up to route work stuff through the VPNs, and nothing else. What they don't know, and can't tell, won't hurt them. That needed root.

Similarly I have a bank account in Canada as well as obviously here in Mancunia. The (Canadian) TD Bank app never knows I'm not physically there (yet!) so I'm not constantly tripping geolocated security checks. Root.

Installing alternative OSes needs root. I run LineageOS, the successor to Cyanogenmod. The manufacturer OS was too old and buggy. Also, LineageOS comes with root built in, and uses it for some of its more interesting functions. Like the ability to display network performance stuff in the status bar.

My phone can read and write NTFS flash drives, so I don't have to piss about with file size limitations and keeping some of them formatted just for the phone. That needed root to set up. Dunno if it still needs it to work.

With root I can work around the (completely stupid) SD card functionality that later Android versions have introduced, to some degree.

Root is also handy for troubleshooting. For example if my phone wasn't rooted, I'd never have worked this out. I nearly threw it away (ie. sold it on ebay) because of that.

Enough for you? ;)

;)

Anybody ordered the new Apple Watch from EE and actually received it yet? Big delays apparently and they're quoting up to 4 weeks :eek:

Is this really true ?

nope, its very twisted, the S6 was not waterproof, nevermind ip68. I cant remember the rest of the S6 specs, but i know the 8/8plus/X all piss all over the S8 for performance, so not really worth comparing it to the S6. Also the 8plus have had many reviews saying it has best camera on a phone, with the X coming and supposed to be better.

Anybody ordered the new Apple Watch from EE and actually received it yet? Big delays apparently and they're quoting up to 4 weeks :eek:

EE have a habit of doing this, they advertise stock they don't actually have!

As a guide, check on the apple site for the same model, what does it say for delivery/store collection dates?

nope, its very twisted, the S6 was not waterproof, nevermind ip68. I cant remember the rest of the S6 specs, but i know the 8/8plus/X all piss all over the S8 for performance, so not really worth comparing it to the S6. Also the 8plus have had many reviews saying it has best camera on a phone, with the X coming and supposed to be better.

They'll keep digging up shite like this every release mate. Blinded by stupid "stats" and "facts"

Enough for you? ;)
Whee's this dweeb.

People can spend money on what they want and if they get enjoyment from it, however misguided you may think they are, what is there to gain from spoiling that?
A economy-crippling debt mountain, and a generation who claim to not be able to afford to get on the housing ladder, and posting about it on their £800/year phones

The new iPhone 8 of X will not piss all over the S8 both phones will have features that the other does not. Downside to Apple is if you want things like fast charging and headphones you have to buy extra. It’s all down to the user some people love iPhone others are android.. I have the galaxy s8 and it’s fantastic,would I have an iPhone? Yes I would but it would take a lot for me to switch over..

Back