Apple Music / Amazon / Spotify

Only ever used Spotify. 99% of the time music gets played through my phone or ipad with their built in speakers or cheapy headphones. Doubt I’d bother with the HD stuff anytime soon unless my home set up changes.

Would using quality headphones through an iPhone make a difference to sound quality or would I already lose that through the phone itself?
I'm no audio guru, and I'm sure the ponytailed one will be along to tell me I am wrong, but I notice a big difference using my AirPods Pro with the HD stuff through my iPhone. Obviously it's not comparable to playing a CD through a full set up but you can tell the difference.

MIne seems to work free and fine for my needs but I use playlists and and its great
Unless I’m in the kitchen cooking (where I’ll just shout “Alexa, play music”) I only listen to albums.

If a new album I’ve been really looking forward to comes out I can listen to it 5 or more times on release day. AFAIK I wouldn’t be allowed to do that on Spotify free. Back in 11/12 I’m sure it was something like 2 listens in a 48hr period or something.

Used to be Spotify user. No difference between Spotify and Apple Music.

In summary, Spotify is great and Apple Music is great. But in an apple world, Apple Music is better because of how devices work with each other.

I went all in on apple and have HomePod, Apple TV, all have iPhones and apple watches at home etc.

I pay for an “apple one” subscription at £29.99 a month. It includes:

- Apple Music (same as Spotify, no difference)
- Apple TV + (a few decent tv shows similar to Netflix...still growing library but high budget)
- 2 TB iCloud (family online storage similar to OneDrive etc)
- Apple Fitness + (Loads of home workouts linked to my Apple Watch and displays my heart rate on the tv while working out)
- Apple Arcade (loads of games to play on all my devices)
- Apple News + ( extra news stuff)

for me the biggest reason is all my devices are linked. Obviously I’m locked in their ecosystem, but I don’t mind as it’s great. Apple news is probably the only thing I don’t care about in that list.

Spotify is only internet service I pay for and don’t grumble about. If you are just a casual listener then prime would be best bet for tv, delivery, music, reading etc.

Amazon seem to have Amazon unlimited music and Amazon prime music ? Both options same price 7.99 , can’t see what difference is

Only ever used Spotify. 99% of the time music gets played through my phone or ipad with their built in speakers or cheapy headphones. Doubt I’d bother with the HD stuff anytime soon unless my home set up changes.

Would using quality headphones through an iPhone make a difference to sound quality or would I already lose that through the phone itself?
It would make a big difference, yes. Change the streaming quality setting to very high and listen through a proper set of headphones and you'll not want to go back like.

It would make a big difference, yes. Change the streaming quality setting to very high and listen through a proper set of headphones and you'll not want to go back like.
I’ll give it a go. Decent headphones aren’t high on my “buy list” at the minute like.

Can you get decent in ear headphones that are desecrate or do I have to walk about looking like a footballer?

Back