Apple Music / Amazon / Spotify

I have Apple Music, purely because it’s the first one I got a free trial from. They all seem to be pretty much the same.

Apparently I’ve listened to 392 artists and 209 albums this year so far.
Had free trials of prime and noticed their range is not as extensive as deezer. Not tried spotify or apple, so cannot comment on them

Got spotify family £15 a month which is excellent. Also got Amazon Music HD on trial.
On normal bluetooth speakers you can't tell any difference but got an Echo Studio when they were on offer for £159 and the quality difference is like night and day, the HD (especially the 3D HD tracks) are unbelievable compared to Spotify. I think Spotify are about to introduce HD streaming very soon, if so might stick with them otherwise I'll switch to Amazon Music Hd.

Spotify is good like, theres plenty of accounts going about though that gets you paid for next to nowt. Im part of an Indian family now 🤣. The paid version is way better than the free version, couldn't believe the quality differenc e and no adverts

Last edited:
Had googleplay music, which was supposedly the best. But now its on YouTube (?) I have an expired subscription so lost my playlists.

Spotify free for me now.
( And amazon prime)

Coming to the end of my Tidal trial so I'm going to have to make a choice soon.
At basically the same cost per month as one CD, none of them are a rip off. I've tried them all on various trials and Spotify is probably the best all round but Amazon Music HD is worth a couple of extra quid and I might consider Apple Music again as part of a package as my TV trial is ending soon as well.
Tidal is supposedly better quality on the Master tracks but didn't notice it as much as I did on Amazon Music HD.

Coming to the end of my Tidal trial so I'm going to have to make a choice soon.
At basically the same cost per month as one CD, none of them are a rip off. I've tried them all on various trials and Spotify is probably the best all round but Amazon Music HD is worth a couple of extra quid and I might consider Apple Music again as part of a package as my TV trial is ending soon as well.
Tidal is supposedly better quality on the Master tracks but didn't notice it as much as I did on Amazon Music HD.
Only ever used Spotify. 99% of the time music gets played through my phone or ipad with their built in speakers or cheapy headphones. Doubt I’d bother with the HD stuff anytime soon unless my home set up changes.

Would using quality headphones through an iPhone make a difference to sound quality or would I already lose that through the phone itself?

I have Spotify on student price - don't know if I'll continue it once I have to pay full whack as we've got a family Apple One subscription to all their stuff as well.

Will someone explain why you pay for Spotify?

is it just to go advert free?
When I used Spotify free many years ago (maybe 2011/2012-ish so things might have changed) you could only listen to a song/album a limited number of times per day/week (it was something low like 3) and then it was blocked. Also the adverts.

When I used Spotify free many years ago (maybe 2011/2012-ish so things might have changed) you could only listen to a song/album a limited number of times per day/week (it was something low like 3) and then it was blocked. Also the adverts.
MIne seems to work free and fine for my needs but I use playlists and and its great

Back