Aphrodite Clothes shop

i got over a 100 bar knocked of the jacket, certainly couldnt justify paying full price just to say i shopped local. Must say i do normally buy there but not when i had that opportunity.
I’m the same, I think we all are unless you’re absolutely minted. We all need to look after number 1.
its the same in every shop / high street, there’s always a big focus on shopping local and supporting the high street but fundamentally we all think of our own pocket first and foremost.

I Prefer British brands as previously mentioned. Primani and Lonsdale are you’re choice so be it. Keep shopping at Sports Direct.
You need to chill out and let the hatred from Aphrodite go.
The two brothers who own it are tremendous lads and promote other businesses in Sunderland.
A don't care about family resemblances. Just not keen on overpriced Mass produced shite. What will be reduced by 70% a few weeks later and they still make a profit.
Like a said. Horses for courses

I’m the same, I think we all are unless you’re absolutely minted. We all need to look after number 1.
its the same in every shop / high street, there’s always a big focus on shopping local and supporting the high street but fundamentally we all think of our own pocket first and foremost.

Out of interest do you know the reason Moncler don’t let retailers list their clothes in the sale in the UK? Literally nowhere have it via their online store on sale at all.

A don't care about family resemblances. Just not keen on overpriced Mass produced shite. What will be reduced by 70% a few weeks later and they still make a profit.
They won't make a profit if they sell it at a discount of 70%. It will be to get rid of stock that is taking up valuable storage to enable them to buy new stock.

Out of interest do you know the reason Moncler don’t let retailers list their clothes in the sale in the UK? Literally nowhere have it via their online store on sale at all.

yeah mate, they see it as cheapening their brand.
if they say the price is £1000 then they don’t like you selling it for £750 as it devalues it.
legally they can’t stop you but they can make life difficult for you by not playing to their rules

thats not in dispute, its just our accent and how we say the plural aspect.We just cant help it...or at least I cant.
There's many like that tbf. I've never said Tesco's in the same way I've never said ASDAs. I know of plenty up this way who say they're going for an Indians, when it's clearly Indian. I've even heard some say they are going for an Italians, which as well as being wrong sounds stupid.

You did, and were wrong. It's Fenwick, so Fenwick, not Fenwick's. In the same way Tesco is Tesco, not Tesco's. Unless you think Tesco is a person or summat.

I think this harks back to when stores were referred to by the owner, in which case Fenwick’s makes sense as in ‘I’m going to John Fenwick’s store for a new hat’, which is later shortened to ‘I’m going to Fenwick’s for a new hat’.

This doesn’t work for multi national corporations but the philosophy behind the language remains, despite it being incorrect in the modern context.

I think this harks back to when stores were referred to by the owner, in which case Fenwick’s makes sense as in ‘I’m going to John Fenwick’s store for a new hat’, which is later shortened to ‘I’m going to Fenwick’s for a new hat’.
Aye, can get that example.

Going for an Indians or Italians though, ridiculous.

Last edited:
How’s the Crocs, Lonsdale and other Sports Direct clothing treating you?

Back