Aphrodite Clothes shop

Anyone remember Strand in High Bridge Street? Only place you could buy SI in the north east at one point before the numpties jumped on the bandwagon.
Aye I can remember that place. Loved the gear in there and it smelled unreal. Would love to know what it was !! 😂

The first one was a couple of doors up on the higher section of High Bridge.
Yeah is that now Dabbawal restaurant opposite Bacchus? You used to have walk down a few stairs to get in?

there was another designer shop on Hood St? Think that one was up stairs.

Anyone remember Strand in High Bridge Street? Only place you could buy SI in the north east at one point before the numpties jumped on the bandwagon.
Aye
Strand on high bridge street ,
And Boro for triads / psyche before they turned crap also
Yeah is that now Dabbawal restaurant opposite Bacchus? You used to have walk down a few stairs to get in?

Pele ?
I remember when it was opposite cruise in the little square next to the library iirc
Was before that mate , was much better when it was on high bridge street

Last edited:
Aye
Strand on high bridge street ,
And Boro for triads / psyche before they turned crap also

Pele ?

Was before that mate , was much better when it was on high bridge street
Le breve and you used to go up about 4 or 5 steps before been looked up and down by some disinterested lads or paul shriek lookalike

Never been in. Always have just used end clothing for my stuff.

I still use End regularly but only online, typically when there's sales on. Used to love the shop of High Bridge St and the End Hunting one which opened.

"New" shop just just has no character. Fair play to the lads running it as they've made it into a huge company.

I still use End regularly but only online, typically when there's sales on. Used to love the shop of High Bridge St and the End Hunting one which opened.

"New" shop just just has no character. Fair play to the lads running it as they've made it into a huge company.

New shop is full of SI etc that the kids buy and none of the more unusual stuff that made it good. The website is still class as you say but it’s annoying having to pay a fiver delivery to try something on when you used to be able to find it in the shop.

Yeah years back, used to get Paul Smith gear from there.

Cairo was next door.

cairo was bottom end of high bridge opposite where union is now. Strand was up top end opposite Bacchus pub and next door to trax records

reporter
Marcus Price ? Used to have a load of Paul smith and Ralph in there.

Marcus price was outside central arcade facing into grey st

Last edited:
cairo was bottom end of high bridge opposite where union is now. Strand was up top end opposite Bacchus pub and next door to trax records

reporter

Marcus price was outside central arcade facing into grey st
I'm sure Gazza had something to do with Cairo

Wasnt there also a shop called Union?

New shop is full of SI etc that the kids buy and none of the more unusual stuff that made it good. The website is still class as you say but it’s annoying having to pay a fiver delivery to try something on when you used to be able to find it in the shop.

I'm not too sure if they changed the staff when they moved locations.

Used to be a lad who supported Sunderland in there who I used to talk with when I went in but when they moved seemed like a completely different set of people working there. Standard hype beast / just out of uni lot

reporter
Wasn’t reporter owned by the same family as west one ? Only ever bought one thing from there and fortunately never had to take it back cos if it was the same firm as west one the one thing they didn’t like was refunds 😂

Back