Anyone poorly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Google says that colds are contagious. If this is true then maybe the measures we have to reduce covid might also help reduce the number of people getting colds too.
As a teacher I'm hoping for this. Hardly caught a cold before I stated to work in school in my 30s. Catch them all the time since. As staff and kids who have symptoms will be forced to be off till they prove negative and lose the symptoms I'm hopeful colds won't be as previlent this year.

This time of year is usually horrendous for bugs and viruses, for those furloughed or working from home immune systems will be rock bottom.

Back to work and kids back this week, not had so much as a sniffle since March so just waiting for it!

wife was poorly last week, did test but got negative although another virus was present.
I am ill now. Full of snot and a throat like someone is playing Kerplunk in it.

Yeah I had cough, blocked nose etc, lost sense of smell and taste, had a test and was negative.

One thing I have learned is that if you use the same bit of bog roll to blow your nose and wipe your arse you simply MUST do it in the correct order.

As a teacher I'm hoping for this. Hardly caught a cold before I stated to work in school in my 30s. Catch them all the time since. As staff and kids who have symptoms will be forced to be off till they prove negative and lose the symptoms I'm hopeful colds won't be as previlent this year.

I hardly ever got a cold until my oldest kid started nursery. It's a nightmare now.

I seem to constantly have a sore throat over the last couple of weeks. Possibly related to wearing masks at work. Other than that I feel sound.

Me too. It’s bloody irritating as it seems to affect one side of the throat then bogs off for a bit before turning up on the other side. I even thought it was in my ears too at one point and I’ve never been across the doors to catch anything.

Teachers need to gan on strike until they get a 50% pay rise and 50% bonus plus 2 weeks holiday for being so brave.

Me too. It’s bloody irritating as it seems to affect one side of the throat then bogs off for a bit before turning up on the other side. I even thought it was in my ears too at one point and I’ve never been across the doors to catch anything.

I've had this on and off for the past couple of months.

Aye its not like a normal sore throat. More of an irritating feeling than painful.

Elephant and Mouse bump into each other in the jungle.
Elephant says (in a loud deep voice);
"Why am I so big and strong and you're so little and weak"?
Mouse says (in a high pitched. squeaky voice);
"I've been poorly".

Try it before you condemn please.

Elephant and Mouse bump into each other in the jungle.
Elephant says (in a loud deep voice);
"Why am I so big and strong and you're so little and weak"?
Mouse says (in a high pitched. squeaky voice);
"I've been poorly".

Try it before you condemn please.
My dad has a repertoire of about 3 jokes. That’s one of them.

still cracks me up every time like :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back