Anyone playing The Golf Club on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Managed a couple of weeks of middle scoring, T53 and T51 on CC-A, the first to keep my card. Have been away for a long weekend and wasn't too sure if to play this week or not. Decided to go for it and just shot a couple of 63s to be 5th so far after 2 rounds. I don't want to curse it by mentioning another potential promotion (oh heck just did so :lol:) Is it web.com tour above CC-A @Mr Bojangles ?

Managed a couple of weeks of middle scoring, T53 and T51 on CC-A, the first to keep my card. Have been away for a long weekend and wasn't too sure if to play this week or not. Decided to go for it and just shot a couple of 63s to be 5th so far after 2 rounds. I don't want to curse it by mentioning another potential promotion (oh heck just did so :lol:) Is it web.com tour above CC-A @Mr Bojangles ?
I've struggled with this week's course like. Hoping to try and secure CC-B. I think using player clubs is starting to become a hinderance.

Noticed next week is qualifying for the open :confused:

Yeah next stop is web. The first of the professional tours whereby you need to make the cut each week for your 3rd and 4th round scores to count. You also have to make the cut (be top 70 and toes) after 2 rounds to secure your card. I wish we could play cross platform live, I could help you lads no end. Good luck in your last 2 rounds

Yeah next stop is web. The first of the professional tours whereby you need to make the cut each week for your 3rd and 4th round scores to count. You also have to make the cut (be top 70 and toes) after 2 rounds to secure your card. I wish we could play cross platform live, I could help you lads no end. Good luck in your last 2 rounds
Awaiting final confirmation, but looks like I might have squeezed in bang on cut score. Had a wobble after round 3, and in the end birdied the final 4 holes of 4th round, which it looks like I needed to do...

Awaiting final confirmation, but looks like I might have squeezed in bang on cut score. Had a wobble after round 3, and in the end birdied the final 4 holes of 4th round, which it looks like I needed to do...
Good luck in web and remember you need to be in the top 70 after 2 rounds, which might mean a sleepless night on Thursday if you're right on the cut line.

Good luck in web and remember you need to be in the top 70 after 2 rounds, which might mean a sleepless night on Thursday if you're right on the cut line.
Didn't make the cut! Poor first round did it for me. Picked the perfect week to have a shocker with the putter. Missed a good half dozen easy birdie attempts, nevermind. Back to CC-A!

Didn't make the cut! Poor first round did it for me. Picked the perfect week to have a shocker with the putter. Missed a good half dozen easy birdie attempts, nevermind. Back to CC-A!
Putting is a massive part of this game and it can wreck your score when it’s not working. The top top players rarely miss a putt. I think it took me 2 or 3 goes to get my web card. Better luck next time

Putting is a massive part of this game and it can wreck your score when it’s not working. The top top players rarely miss a putt. I think it took me 2 or 3 goes to get my web card. Better luck next time
Cheers, Im fairly confident of getting back soonish. Just checked my scorecards there and only 1 bogie over the 36 holes, so played decent tee to green - as I say it was just the putting that let me down...

Daft question, but can you play any tournament from the various tgc social clubs even though you aren't registered for that event? Obviously score won't count, fancy having a go at the open course.

Daft question, but can you play any tournament from the various tgc social clubs even though you aren't registered for that event? Obviously score won't count, fancy having a go at the open course.
Yeah you can no problem. As you say, score just doesn't register. Whenever I fancy a round on something on another tour (often current real life event course) I just 'favourite' the course and play it from the main screen, if that makes sense.

Yeah you can no problem. As you say, score just doesn't register. Whenever I fancy a round on something on another tour (often current real life event course) I just 'favourite' the course and play it from the main screen, if that makes sense.
Champion. Need some serious practice with these tour clubs. Playing shit with them

So might have another shot at web.com tour next week, had a strong week to bounce back. Last 3 weeks have been promotion, demotion, promotion, lets hope to break that cycle next week...

Finally getting used to the tour clubs, strong finish last week saw me clear my strikes. Push for another shot at b next week.
Glad they seem to have clicked for you. That's what happened to me, couldn't use them too well - then all of a sudden I was just nailing drives and long irons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back