Anyone had problem with rats

Have a feeling they are travelling in between houses. 4 town houses in a row. The lad in the end house sold and said that’s why. Can environmental health go in people’s houses.
What I would do is ring the council environment team, gather my belongings and burn the house to the ground mate. They are under ya bed!!!!!!

Have a feeling they are travelling in between houses. 4 town houses in a row. The lad in the end house sold and said that’s why. Can environmental health go in people’s houses.
What area are you in ? A friend of mine lives in a street near the old washington footy club, whole street has had problems with them, they are blaming the arrival of them on the building work now taking place on the old footy club land.

What area are you in ? A friend of mine lives in a street near the old washington footy club, whole street has had problems with them, they are blaming the arrival of them on the building work now taking place on the old footy club land.
Crook county durham

Yes. Professional trapper baited successful. Found a dead rat under kitchen units - thankfully before the rat decomposed with a bad odour.
Pretty close to this for us. Ratman left bait in our roof loft.
Problem appeared to go away. Thats because the rat died, probably from the poison.
Unfortunately, it died just above our cooker/oven, in the kitchen extention loft space.
It decomposed there and maggots began falling through the vent above the cooker and onto the cooker. We thought they were dried up pieces of rice, until we spotted one wriggling. This happened the very morning we got up early to drive to Ncle airport for our hols. Couldn't leave it so i had to climb in the loft, retrieve this ex rat which had a hole eaten out of it, take it into the garden,poured petrol over it and had to hang around for a spell to watch it burn, then dash to airport.

Have you got a dog? Get one if not. A rescue ideally and let him/ her mooch around the garden. Rats aren’t mad keen on dogs because they might get eaten by them. If you can get your hands on a honey badger instead, all the better. Probably.

I've had problens.
went:
1. Block what you can with foam filler
2. loads of traps (bread stuck on it with chocolate spread)
3. Loads of poison
4. Clean everything/no food lying around etc

but mainly 2 and 3 - Should sort them eventually
Add broken glass/broken light bulb glass to the foam filler, that will stop the rats eating through it

Last edited:
Running inbetween our walls and floor boards, pretty devastated put out traps and still not catching any. Had experts round. They have put a blocker on our main water pipe. Hopefully they are trapped in. Even had one fucker under our bed.
Years ago bloody nightmare. The lass i lived with did wedding cakes and the rats loved them ended up one of her brothers came round and shot it it the head. Not live ammo just an air rifle - it was massive - well it had been living on wedding cake for some time

Years ago bloody nightmare. The lass i lived with did wedding cakes and the rats loved them ended up one of her brothers came round and shot it it the head. Not live ammo just an air rifle - it was massive - well it had been living on wedding cake for some time

Back