Anyone had problem with rats

cowan86

Midfield
Running inbetween our walls and floor boards, pretty devastated put out traps and still not catching any. Had experts round. They have put a blocker on our main water pipe. Hopefully they are trapped in. Even had one fucker under our bed.

Running inbetween our walls and floor boards, pretty devastated put out traps and still not catching any. H're raad experts round. They have put a blocker on our main water pipe. Hopefully they are trapped in. Even had one fucker under our bed.
That must be awful . We have them in the garden all the time but never in the house . They're rarely caught in traps and the poison Joe Public is allowed to use now simply doesn't work . Prepare for a rat infestation .

Yes. Professional trapper baited successful. Found a dead rat under kitchen units - thankfully before the rat decomposed with a bad odour.

We had them in the attic one year and found out they were coming up through a hole in the cavity.

Rentokil came and put poison down and filled in the holes etc. I slipped the guy an extra tenner in exchange for some of the poison they use for the garden.

The problem went after a week or so

Living in a top floor flat we dont get rats, mice though. It's a 1930s building and when someone in the block is doing building work they tend to scatter about , only really seen 3 or 4 in 20 odd years, but I have to drink myself to sleep the night I do, cant stand the things

What can we do?
I've had problens.
went:
1. Block what you can with foam filler
2. loads of traps (bread stuck on it with chocolate spread)
3. Loads of poison
4. Clean everything/no food lying around etc

but mainly 2 and 3 - Should sort them eventually

Have a feeling they are travelling in between houses. 4 town houses in a row. The lad in the end house sold and said that’s why. Can environmental health go in people’s houses.

Back