Anyone had problem with rats

My Cat charges £50 an hour or part thereof and will defo kill anything smaller than him.
I’d like to see him toe to toe with a stoat. I mean I wouldn’t, that’s be awful but I reckon a stoat/ polecat would knack your cat like. Pine Martin too. And a weasel.

Had one in the loft years ago when next door was empty. Could set your watch on its times making the route it took daily in the loft above the bedroom through the nite. Apparently they run the same route at the same time, so i was told by the pest control. Horrible and couldn’t sleep for it.

Anyway a bit poison laid, bloke came bace a week or so later and it was dead in the loft. Never did find out how it got in, but they can climb drainpipes or through an unused toilet cistern.😳

That must be awful . We have them in the garden all the time but never in the house . They're rarely caught in traps and the poison Joe Public is allowed to use now simply doesn't work . Prepare for a rat infestation .

The blocks I buy from amazon work for me.
Have 6 bait boxes around the garden and outside the house. Have to top up every 2 weeks if required. Keeps the Mice and Rats away.
Smash a lightbulb in a tea towel. Roll it into peanut butter. They’ll eat it and die in agonising pain.

Pest control go mental at this but a real tried and tested country method that works.
Wine bottles just as good with slivers of glass in peanut butter.
Just roll down the holes and block up with wood or a brick.
Sorts the bastards out.

Just make sure nothing else can get to it.

Last edited:
The blocks I buy from amazon work for me.
Have 6 bait boxes around the garden and outside the house. Have to top up every 2 weeks if required. Keeps the Mice and Rats away.

Pest control go mental at this but a real tried and tested country method that works.
Wine bottles just as good with slivers of glass in peanut butter.
Just roll down the holes and block up with wood or a brick.
Sorts the bastards out.

Just make sure nothing else can get to it.
I know mate. Obviously not nice but there’s rats under his bed.

Rabbits yup, not a moggy though, moggies are preds.
Aye but any member of the weasel family aren’t playing games and see larger predators who are just playing at as, well, pussies. I would imagine. Seriously though, that whole weasel / stoat family are all utterly fearless little bastards.

Pretty close to this for us. Ratman left bait in our roof loft.
Problem appeared to go away. Thats because the rat died, probably from the poison.
Unfortunately, it died just above our cooker/oven, in the kitchen extention loft space.
It decomposed there and maggots began falling through the vent above the cooker and onto the cooker. We thought they were dried up pieces of rice, until we spotted one wriggling. This happened the very morning we got up early to drive to Ncle airport for our hols. Couldn't leave it so i had to climb in the loft, retrieve this ex rat which had a hole eaten out of it, take it into the garden,poured petrol over it and had to hang around for a spell to watch it burn, then dash to airport.
The bait is supposed to make rats thirsty. Move away to an outside water supply. I’m dubious to this claim.

Running inbetween our walls and floor boards, pretty devastated put out traps and still not catching any. Had experts round. They have put a blocker on our main water pipe. Hopefully they are trapped in. Even had one fucker under our bed.
The council pest guy came out and basically did very little.

I scoured the local ad pages and found a company.

It was one guy who got rid of them all in the space of a week

Weasle wouldn't knack a cat, I take your weasle and raise you an otter with change of a mink, mustelids are little fuckers.
What about Catweazle?

Aye but any member of the weasel family aren’t playing games and see larger predators who are just playing at as, well, pussies. I would imagine. Seriously though, that whole weasel / stoat family are all utterly fearless little bastards.😳 if you want to talk about really vicious mustelids think wolverine, they don't back down to wolf or bear.

Back