Anyone else hate there job

• Thread starter Deleted member 55680
  • Start date
My boss turned evil at the end of September and made my life a misery on purpose. Like really bad... went from dream job to having to go onto medication and not being able to eat at all for a week with the anxiety... I thought about leaving but felt it best to bear down and get through it and hold out for as long as I could.
Shite that, pure bullying. I bet he/she was getting it in the neck from their boss or a client and just wanted someone to take it out on.

Shite that, pure bullying. I bet he/she was getting it in the neck from their boss or a client and just wanted someone to take it out on.
There were massive redundancies in Feb 23 and the boss was fighting for our team but having had one of the team off on Mat Leave the last year and coming back soon it was clear I was for the jump as the last in. He spent the last few months trying to get me to jump and he was just outrageous. Now it looks like the small team I worked in is going to be outsourced and they were basically told it was coming for them soon. My last day is officially tomorrow and I'm still handing over on my accounts and getting messages from the rest of the business I worked with that are lovely.

I'm just so relieved it is over. Looking forward to whatever is next... have some home improvements to do and then jury service end of March so looking at not starting anything else until at least April.

My boss turned evil at the end of September and made my life a misery on purpose. Like really bad... went from dream job to having to go onto medication and not being able to eat at all for a week with the anxiety... I thought about leaving but felt it best to bear down and get through it and hold out for as long as I could.

Ended up taking redundancy a couple of weeks ago so have a few months to get over it and get on with it.

Don't quit your job until you find something else and don't ignore new career paths. I'm 50 this year and this last job was a change in career path... yes it turned bad because they wanted to get me to leave but all in all it was a great experience overall and now I have a new aspect to my cv.

I'm not sure what you do but what I do is update my LinkedIn stuff and tell my preferred agent and then a couple of others who have been good in the past and see what comes in.

Just had a call today with someone I used to work with who heard I was available and he wants me in a couple of months which suits my plan to take some time out but other offers are already coming in. So I'm just planning on forcing myself to take a break for now and then getting back into it when I'm all sorted.

So keep your job now, talk to your GP about the anxiety, get your cv up to date and do the LinkedIn thing and then let agents do the leg work for you. Think about different careers you could give a go.

I know it is full on awful to be having a tough time at work so chin up and get yourself ready to jump.
Sounds like you have been through a bad time and its 100% the right thing to take some time out before getting back on the treadmill. Hope it works out well for you.

Back