Anyone else hate there job

• Thread starter Deleted member 55680
  • Start date

I’m happy where I’m at so I’m lucky, but how does the normal working class get the chance to do it? Most are struggling to make ends meet never mind dropping massive hours to go into full time education again, which is needed if you want a career. What you ask is a huge sacrifice that I can’t see being possible unless you are in a relationship where your other half can provide what you’re losing, or still young enough to be living under your parents roof.
Luckily this is my current situation.

My last job ran me down so low I couldn’t see the top again.
My OH asked me what I really wanted to do, I told him and he just said do it, we will manage. I’m 5 months in and training to be a teacher with another 5 to go and he is supporting us both for now.
He knows it won’t be long term and fingers crossed I’ll be able to get a job over the summer.

2/3 years ago this certainly wouldn’t have been possible to do financially.

There’s loads of stuff on YouTube about nailing interviews and how to present yourself effectively.

I interview and assess quite regularly and you can spot the ones who have put the graft in a mile off. They stand out because they’ve prepared thoroughly and thoughtfully. They anticipate likely scenarios and prepare a range of desired responses. They research the role and company thoroughly. They take personality tests to self reflect on strengths and weaknesses.

Getting a good job takes a long time. Training, volunteering to get experience, taking a junior role to get experience, persistence, resilience and sheer hard work. There’s a lot of rungs on the ladder. Most people simply can’t be arsed and settle for less.

A lot of it comes down to luck too and being in the right place at the right time but the harder you work the luckier you get.

Do I hate it? No.

Would I rather do something else? Yes.

Genuinely believe that I’m in a bubble type situation. I could do something different. The jump from my current position just involves someone taking a chance on me. Mostly for my current employer.

There are times I hate my job, I think I’m also at a crossroads. I’ll either get ahead in my chosen field, or I’ll sack the whole thing and go and do manual labour. One of the two happens in the next 2/3 years
Food delivery?

"side-hustle" another American phrase making it's way into UK daily language "oh my god" etc there's a lot of them being quoted by Brits, what a pity.

I’ve had 3, what you could call ‘side hustles’ two fell by the wayside after nearly a year. The third is somewhat promising still.

The language used is shite I agree. Money on the side doing something else doesn’t really have the same ring to it.

Last edited:
I tried claiming dole once after being made redundant. Rocked up at the job centre expecting some free money and they said I was classed as still being in work because I got PiLON. I tried telling them that they were wrong but they just said come back in a couple of months. I got another job for following week.
a similar thing happened to me. before i took redundancy i went to the job centre and asked if i would get enything whilst doing my hgv tests. they said yes and i double checked. ended up getting nothing, took them to a tribunal and won. the money wasn't the issue, it was being fed disinformation by them.
anyway back on topic, i think the key is just to be content. if i'd have stopped where i was at i'd have been retired now but i hated going to my previous place at the end.
presently i'm happy as can be. i know my job, think i'm half decent at it, work for a good boss and the money is enough to enjoy the things i like to do.

I’m fine with mine because it’s pays quite well and has excellent progression opportunities if you put the work in.

The actual work can be varied, sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit, as a wise manager once put it. There’s often good scope to follow your interests but it’s not always possible dependent on demand.

Do I hate it? No.

Would I rather do something else? Yes.

Genuinely believe that I’m in a bubble type situation. I could do something different. The jump from my current position just involves someone taking a chance on me. Mostly for my current employer.

There are times I hate my job, I think I’m also at a crossroads. I’ll either get ahead in my chosen field, or I’ll sack the whole thing and go and do manual labour. One of the two happens in the next 2/3 years

I’ve had 3, what you could call ‘side hustles’ two fell by the wayside after nearly a year. The third is somewhat promising still.

The language used is shite I agree. Money on the side doing something else doesn’t really have the same ring to it.
Was called a sidejob wasnt it? Pre usa invasion?

Where do people get the time or money to train for a new career? I don’t think I would be able to cut my hours down or be able to afford to go to college or uni.

Then there’s actually getting a job in that sector one has trained for. Uprooting and leaving the area seems to happen more on here than it does on Eastenders. Either some of you already have money, or you have no strings attached family.
Have you looked or even tried to change ?
Most jobs have an element of transferable skills that might need a tweak.
Give it a go and see what’s around as some jobs allow you to earn while you train. Pun intended, train driver. Join the ambulance service as an emergency care assistant and train to be a paramedic whist in . Case coordinator for the council, I know a couple who have become social workers through sponsorship through the council. I also know physio and O/T assistants who have been put through qualifications to become registered o/t and physios .
There’s lots of stuff that pays a wage if you’re serious

Mate 99% jobs are crap, the fact you have to turn in to work for most of your life is absolutely shite. Working away is shit,being away from your family is shite, working shifts is crap, early mornings are crap, working in the cold is crap, working in the heat is unbearable, having set breaks is crap, working late nights is crap, working weekends is crap, driving about for a living is crap, being responsible for people is crap. Work is crap
👆this 🥺

I've worked in factories for near on fifty years, all types of shifts, nights, continentals, lates, earlies. And i've hated every bastard day of it.😉
I imagine it to be soul destroying.

I once did some building work in Unipress and that environment was awful. If I was stuck doing factory work I’d be counting down the days till I retire aswell.(as factory workers do)
Food delivery?

"side-hustle" another American phrase making it's way into UK daily language "oh my god" etc there's a lot of them being quoted by Brits, what a pity.
This.

Good luck to the lad with his new job but he sounds like a rite wanker with the “Side Husstle” crack

Last edited:
Hate Sunday nights me the thought of going to work tomorrow gets me down, wish I could find a new job/career but never hear anything back from companies when I apply. Can't be the only one feeling this way though? I could take the easy way out and quit but the guilt I would feel letting my family down etc and obviously I'd be skint to. If only we could all win the lottery
I absolutely love my primary roll but still hate going in on a Monday. Mine is more to do with the pressures of other shit piled onto us which increases stress levels massively. I won’t go into details as the walls have ears and they’re being ridiculously trigger happy at the moment but I’m counting the days until I can access that full pension.

No

Into 18th year at my works and can’t say many days at all when wish I wasn’t there great company to work for and great workmates 😎

So glad I don't hate my job. Don't think about it at all on a Sunday night, wfh full time too so im on the beer watching the NFL.

Used to hate a Sunday night when I was a kid cos school was the next day. Still hate the TV shows that were on at that time, always reminds me of it.
Like songs of praise marra? When that opening tune came on....you just knew.

I imagine it to be soul destroying.

I once did some building work in Unipress and that environment was awful. If I was stuck doing factory work I’d be counting down the days till I retire aswell.(as factory workers do)

This.

Good luck to the lad with his new job but he sounds like a rite wanker with the “Side Husstle” crack
oh yeh 'totally like' 'super' annoying!

Not the lad, the AMericon phrases

I would seriously recommend anyone who hates their job and is in a position to to quit. My job was making me ill so leaving was the best thing I ever did. 10 years ago I couldn’t have imagined the life I have now. Walking out of a job I could no longer face allowed these changes.

I would seriously recommend anyone who hates their job and is in a position to to quit. My job was making me ill so leaving was the best thing I ever did. 10 years ago I couldn’t have imagined the life I have now. Walking out of a job I could no longer face allowed these changes.
You still in HCMC teaching like?

Back