Anyone else hate there job

• Thread starter Deleted member 55680
  • Start date
I’m fine with mine because it’s pays quite well and has excellent progression opportunities if you put the work in.

The actual work can be varied, sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit, as a wise manager once put it. There’s often good scope to follow your interests but it’s not always possible dependent on demand.
That's the trouble with my job no progression opportunities, If your a young lad like 17 or 18 at my place they will train you up however

Despise my job and pretty much every person I work with, been here almost 10 years. Thought about getting out loads of times but always manage to convince myself it’s going to be harder to leave and do something else

I imagine it to be soul destroying.

I once did some building work in Unipress and that environment was awful. If I was stuck doing factory work I’d be counting down the days till I retire aswell.(as factory workers do)

This.

Good luck to the lad with his new job but he sounds like a rite wanker with the “Side Husstle” crack
I did some summer night shifts at that plastic pressing place under the Alexandre bridge when I was doing my a levels . Lasted about 4 days. Asked the agency to find me something else. Got a job picking litter off the nets surrounding a landfill. After that shifting pallets of villa pop around in Southwick. Vals for lunch mind so not all bad.

Is “calling out” another americanism too, its all you hear some wankers say/type?

Makes them look rock hard.
Loads have been integrated into regular-speak, by the kids and adults. I've no idea what the younguns in the NE say, but I would imagine the phrases i've pointed out and more must be rife in the UK. I worked with an AMeircan, worked with many actually. But he said "How come you don't develop an American accent?" He genuinely looked confused when I replied "why would i"

We worked in a school together, not a proper school mind. I better not continue as we'll be here all night. good luck with the new project/life choices

ps

and ""living your best life"

haha

Used to absolutely detest my job where I wanted to wake up ill to call in sick. Luckily moved to a new job and have the opposite where never once had the Sunday or every night dread. Had a huge positive impact on my life.

I absolutely love my primary roll but still hate going in on a Monday. Mine is more to do with the pressures of other shit piled onto us which increases stress levels massively. I won’t go into details as the walls have ears and they’re being ridiculously trigger happy at the moment but I’m counting the days until I can access that full pension.
Is a primary role your full time job but you do different part time stuff?

Should be banned for using "there" instead of "their". I hope the job doesn't require a basic level of competence in wriiten English
I won't sleep tonight worrying about whether I'll be banned on here because I used there instead of their. Jog on

Hate Sunday nights me the thought of going to work tomorrow gets me down, wish I could find a new job/career but never hear anything back from companies when I apply. Can't be the only one feeling this way though? I could take the easy way out and quit but the guilt I would feel letting my family down etc and obviously I'd be skint to. If only we could all win the lottery
My boss turned evil at the end of September and made my life a misery on purpose. Like really bad... went from dream job to having to go onto medication and not being able to eat at all for a week with the anxiety... I thought about leaving but felt it best to bear down and get through it and hold out for as long as I could.

Ended up taking redundancy a couple of weeks ago so have a few months to get over it and get on with it.

Don't quit your job until you find something else and don't ignore new career paths. I'm 50 this year and this last job was a change in career path... yes it turned bad because they wanted to get me to leave but all in all it was a great experience overall and now I have a new aspect to my cv.

I'm not sure what you do but what I do is update my LinkedIn stuff and tell my preferred agent and then a couple of others who have been good in the past and see what comes in.

Just had a call today with someone I used to work with who heard I was available and he wants me in a couple of months which suits my plan to take some time out but other offers are already coming in. So I'm just planning on forcing myself to take a break for now and then getting back into it when I'm all sorted.

So keep your job now, talk to your GP about the anxiety, get your cv up to date and do the LinkedIn thing and then let agents do the leg work for you. Think about different careers you could give a go.

I know it is full on awful to be having a tough time at work so chin up and get yourself ready to jump.

Back