Anyone bothered?

No? Spot on.

Bring on Saturday.
Glad we didnt risk any of the starters for Saturday. I wouldnt have minded a cup run, but as you said, not bothered
Think it's shit that we didn't even really try. Simms should have started, think the game goes differently if we have a physical presence up top to play off.
I wouldnt have risked him, but I agree we had no focal point.
Their main striker went off injured. I’m very glad we didn’t risk one of the only two we have.
I dont know if its just me but that lad seems wired everytime I have seen him, almost as if his drink has been spiked, or something like that :)
My boys first away match. He was bothered like. Wanted to leave on 75 mins. He'd had enough, said this is the worst he'd seen us play and off we went.

To make 11 changes was pathetic, we could have made 5 or 6 and had a good enough balance in the team to at least make an effort.
That is the one single thing I was bothered about. The supporters who went to see that game. Might as well not bother turning up, the team didnt

Last edited:
I can deal with losing marra. Part and parcel of being a Sunderland fan.
I can't deal with shit like tonight.
If we had gone toe to toe with a strong side out, and lost, then fuck it. We gave it a go.
But we should have just stayed at home and not even entered the competition if that is the way we are going to disrespect it mate.
What on earth are you talking about man? :lol:

It was basically a friendly to give the reserves another run out.

Some of the comments on here are hilarious.

One thing I would say is if Neil has sussed his 11 so has the rest of the clubs in the championship. We’ve been here before and it didn’t turn out pleasant. If (and it’s an if), he gets good quality signings then it would add more ‘tactical thinking’ for other teams. Haway the lads though!!

Some reactions on here / twitter have baffled me like. Celebrating a loss pretty much. Seen some people saying “hope there’s no changes” etc so obviously very happy for us to lose the game. I don’t ever mind a defeat but the lack of effort from the players and lack of changes from the manager last night was an insult to those who travelled.

Back