Anyone bothered?

Some reactions on here / twitter have baffled me like. Celebrating a loss pretty much. Seen some people saying “hope there’s no changes” etc so obviously very happy for us to lose the game. I don’t ever mind a defeat but the lack of effort from the players and lack of changes from the manager last night was an insult to those who travelled.
The changes weren’t the problem. That team should’ve been a lot more competitive and the players let the manager down.

In the grand scheme of things it makes no difference and I very much doubt progressing in the league cup was part of Neil’s remit this year.

Can see why he wasn’t there risked but to echo a comment earlier in the thread, should we stop Simms and Stewart from training incase they get a knock??
No, because training is necessary and the conditioning helps prevent injuries in league games through fitness.

Playing key players in an early round cup match attended by 3 men and a dog, against a team who made numerous changes themselves, isn't necessary. They lost last seasons top scorer after 40 minutes, and 1 of their new signings is also out for months.

Once the game went 2-0 especially, it was absolutely pointless putting key players onto the pitch. We may have looked a different side with a proper CF on the pitch though.

Last edited:
The changes weren’t the problem. That team should’ve been a lot more competitive and the players let the manager down.

In the grand scheme of things it makes no difference and I very much doubt progressing in the league cup was part of Neil’s remit this year.
I’m more on about changes within the game. Fully understand the starting 11 but to not even try to affect the game after HT when the starting 11 were clearly not going to get anything out of it doesn’t sit right.

I just can’t stand losing a game in that manner.

Not too bothered about the result/going out of the cup in isolation but the attitude of the vast majority of the players and coaching staff absolutely stunk to high heaven. Got complete faith in the gaffer but last night was his first major mistake since he arrived IMO.

So just about every supporter wants to fold the club because everyone is pleased we are out the league cup.

Im not sure what youre getting at there? You suggested we chuck the FA Cup too. That only leaves one competition. We are locked in mid table come February do we just sack that off anarl?
I’m more on about changes within the game. Fully understand the starting 11 but to not even try to affect the game after HT when the starting 11 were clearly not going to get anything out of it doesn’t sit right.

I just can’t stand losing a game in that manner.

Im glad some others are starting to shout up. I was getting concerned I was being drowned out by most not being too arsed losing a game.

Saw on here that the club should offer refunds to fans. Fair play to anyone who went but it was their choice, some will have seen 30/40 years of League Cup 1st/2nd round matches before. We all know the drill; swathes of changes, plus an early exit is hardly uncommon. 10+ Championship clubs knocked out already elsewhere this season.

Shockingly poor effort from the fringe players he put out mind, they just didn’t compete.

Im not sure what youre getting at there? You suggested we chuck the FA Cup too. That only leaves one competition. We are locked in mid table come February do we just sack that off anarl?

Im glad some others are starting to shout up. I was getting concerned I was being drowned out by most not being too arsed losing a game.
I don’t agree with how we’ve gone about it at all. If it’s the case that our first team players absolutely cannot take part in the game then tell the 1,005 fans who paid hard earned money for tickets and travel that, and tell them if we go 1 or 2 down we’re going to do nothing to try and change it. Because that’s what happened.

Saw on here that the club should offer refunds to fans. Fair play to anyone who went but it was their choice, some will have seen 30/40 years of League Cup 1st/2nd round matches before. We all know the drill; swathes of changes, plus an early exit is hardly uncommon. 10+ Championship clubs knocked out already elsewhere this season.

Shockingly poor effort from the fringe players he put out mind, they just didn’t compete.
I can’t remember one other time in a competitive game that we’ve played without a striker. Not one.

I don’t agree with how we’ve gone about it at all. If it’s the case that our first team players absolutely cannot take part in the game then tell the 1,005 fans who paid hard earned money for tickets and travel that, and tell them if we go 1 or 2 down we’re going to do nothing to try and change it. Because that’s what happened.
They'd never do that as it sounds illegal. We could have said there'd be 11 changes mind. Wasnt there some sort of rule to prevent this anyway? Or is that another one thats gone the journey along with the six second rule?

I don’t agree with those putting all the blame for last nights disgusting performance solely on the players shoulders.

AN set the tone by the side he picked. Then despite watching us getting easily beaten made no attempt to change things tactically or bring on better players to at least attempt to get back into the game.

That sent the message loud and clear that he wanted out of this competition asap.

You can see why some of the players thought - what’s the point ?
Sure there was a Bruce game in the league cup against Brighton where we played with no one up top.

There was !

I only remembered we were playing at about 19.40 when I looked on here and noticed a match thread. Quick look at the team and realised I wasn't arsed about the result/match as much as Neil. I then quickly had a look on a stream just after halftime thinking maybe I'll watch a bit only to see our keeper pass it straight to the Sheff Wed forward and them score within about 60 seconds of turning it on. I then turned it back off again.
The absolute be all and end all this season is establishing ourselves in this division, a cup run playing first choice players that'll possibly fatigue them in the coming weeks/months is pointless as we won't be winning anything anyway

Back