Anyone bothered?

He chose well. This game means nowt in the grand scheme of things. I’m sorry you’re all upset but he did the right thing.

If Simms was given a run out and we lost him for a few months we would really struggle in the competition that counts. I’m glad the manager isn’t on the same page as our more naive fans.
It means that lot have no more competitive football unless they can get into the first team. The odds of Simms getting an injury that lasts for months by playing 20 minutes of football are really quite small.

i really couldn't give a feck about cups this season.
Our long term ambitions will be driven by our league position at the end of the season.
We have no strength in depth for cup runs and clearly won't be throwing the cash about.

Some absolute fannies bedwetting for the Guinness Book Of Records on here.
Game at the weekend - rather talk about that than crying over the reserves having a poor run out in Sheffield on a Wednesday night

The club hasn't been in a better position for years and it's still a huge work in progress.
People need to get a grip.
We've earned nothing yet.

Our long term ambitions will be driven by our league position at the end of the season.
We have no strength in depth for cup runs and clearly won't be throwing the cash about.

Game at the weekend - rather talk about that than crying over the reserves having a poor run out in Sheffield on a Wednesday night

The club hasn't been in a better position for years and it's still a huge work in progress.
It's not because we are out, it's because we've just given up in a football match.

..so what is the point of having a squad??

He chose well. This game means nowt in the grand scheme of things. I’m sorry you’re all upset but he did the right thing.

If Simms was given a run out and we lost him for a few months we would really struggle in the competition that counts. I’m glad the manager isn’t on the same page as our more naive fans.
Can see why he wasn’t there risked but to echo a comment earlier in the thread, should we stop Simms and Stewart from training incase they get a knock??

Feels like Neil trying to prove a point tonight mate. Which I can’t blame him for.

We need strengthening
Oh, thats alright then.
AN proves his point, and we are dumped out of one of the three competitions that the football club are entered in.
He can prove his point in a f***ing meeting with the owners, not take the piss by putting out a side that were bound to get fucked.

Disappointed for the lads and lasses who traveled to watch the game, apart from that not really, mission accomplished tonight. Some fringe players got some minutes and we’re out. It was a friendly.

Winners probably top 4 from prem. Rest are wasting their time apart from minutes for some players. Couldn't give a shiny.
We looked like we couldn't really care. AN's team told us that.

That's all very well and good but it means we have to perform and win on Saturday or it looks like it was a bad move.

Not really - nonsense competition.

Last edited:
Not about the result, I’m disappointed in the performances though.

I was impressed with Diamond up front, but he’s more than likely leaving. Wright looked defensively okay as per usual & Bass was okay in goal.

Apart from that though, I’m struggling to pick out a decent performer. Was hoping Roberts and Embleton would have had more of an impact tonight.

Just shows why we need a few more signings in the door, I’m not confident on calling on many of those tonight in the championship if injuries/suspensions come our way!

I'm not remotely bothered by the result. The game was treated like a pre-season game. However, I am a little perturbed that plenty of our fringe players don't seem to be up to much.

Back