Anyone bothered?

Another way to incentivise cups (and this is me brainstorming) is to give league points for results relevant to opposition/current league but there needs to be a science behind it opposed to me just trying to think of things.

Really you want to take luck of a draw away from league incentives but still keep relevant carrots dangling.

Makes the cups completely pointless then for lower league clubs. If there isnt any chance then just make them PL only.
No it doesn't. You asked why fans have different priorities not about the integrity of the competition. I gave you an answer specifically to that - it doesn't feel likely you'd win, so you don't mind soft-peddling early on and focusing more on other objectives.

But if you get on a roll, then fans get a bit more excited, because it means ties against the big boys. This is actually true more so in lower leagues - I think Championship is probably the most meh league for cups because you're trying to fight to see the big boys all the time.

I think fans aren't arsed about the league cup early rounds, get on a roll, your reserves win a couple of games - like we did last year - and then yeah, everyone is bang up for a game v Arsenal and being the last non PL team left in it (which we were). That's entirely reasonable. It's also entirely reasonable why fans don't give a fuck to lose in the second round away at a decent L1 team. That's actually how we got to Arsenal last year, to be honest: a good L1 team catching a string of non-plussed Champo teams cold.

FA Cup is more complicated. I'd be disappointed if we didn't try harder in that, even accepting the league is more important realistically. Again, think this is the consensus view.

None of this means the whole competition is pointless. That's an absurd overreaction.

Last edited:
low fibre diet mate...Stop smoking, if you do smoke...its a chronic illness if I recall me medical stuff properly, but easily controllable...Obviously unless you eat the crap on offer at home games......
One of the wifes problems is her digestive system, but theres plenty of help available, and last few weeks shes benefitted enormously..

The bad news is...

Diverticulitis is NOT terminal...so you have to watch Wednesday for a fair few years yet

(sorry there was no way to break that bad news to you without being honest)

😆

Start me lowfodmap diet Monday. Gutted as I love me snap!

Back