Anyone been in an open relationship before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Absolutely loads of people here are in open relationships with their missus'

Mind, they are not aware that this is the case.

I don't mean by this a 'casual' relationship with someone, but a serious one where you're committed to one another but agree each other can sleep with other people sometimes (or together?).

I guess anyone whose done swinging or the like would fall into this.

What are the pros and cons? Strikes me as a pretty sensible way to do a relationship. Not sure why total monogamy is the best way of expressing your love for someone. Surely two grown adults would be capable of separating sex from love?

I know it wouldn't be for everyone, but anyway, does it work?

I couldn't handle it, but I worked with a married couple 37 years ago and they were experimenting in the swinging scene. Because of the nature of the job, I would work with them separately and they were both totally honest about it and we had some frank discussions about it. They moved on and left sr6 for a top union job in London area and I lost touch after that and have never seen them again.

a cousin down south was married and they were into the swinging scene particularly with a set of neighbours and both couples ended up divorcing and marrying who they were swinging with

I couldn't handle it, but I worked with a married couple 37 years ago and they were experimenting in the swinging scene. Because of the nature of the job, I would work with them separately and they were both totally honest about it and we had some frank discussions about it. They moved on and left sr6 for a top union job in London area and I lost touch after that and have never seen them again.

a cousin down south was married and they were into the swinging scene particularly with a set of neighbours and both couples ended up divorcing and marrying who they were swinging with
How did they feel about it then?

How did they feel about it then?

have not seen the couple I worked with for years. Just done a facebook search and nothing coming up. They were relatively just new at it and they had a rule that if they do, they must tell the other first but what I can gather it was swinging with other couples as opposed to "open". They were both well balanced thinking people, but I moved on and so did they so haven't scoobie how things are with them now. the lad was crazy, but very intelligent. He would read the dictionary on a night, jut to ensure he learnt new words, but they were very nice people and would like to get in touch again if I could.

My cousin has been happily married to the "other woman" now for 30 odd years, so I guess by luck he found the best partner.

I say now, I am retired with a pension, house and car and I don't want to be just a retired person. That's what would happen if we got divorced now, so keeping things on the straight line.

I don't mean by this a 'casual' relationship with someone, but a serious one where you're committed to one another but agree each other can sleep with other people sometimes (or together?).

What are the pros and cons? Strikes me as a pretty sensible way to do a relationship. Not sure why total monogamy is the best way of expressing your love for someone. Surely two grown adults would be capable of separating sex from love?

I have dabbled with group stuff with no problems so far. I wouldn't like it done behind my back though and our lass has the same opinion.

IMO Humans are not monogamist
Love is... well thats an age old one
Love thy neighbour seems to be the way to go
;)

I've got no interest in shagging other lasses, and if our lass got railed off another bloke I'd be gone for good. So no, I haven't.

Nope, if I'm in a relationship I'd hope we would be exclusive to each other. Open relationships are "slippery slope", and as much as I like slippery things I would stop liking them if I knew it had been in someone else's orifices :confused: :lol:.
Lots of people have this view, but the feeling among proper swingers is that they can completely separate love from sex. It's just something they do for a hobby. Which I still find quite odd mind.

I've got no interest in shagging other lasses, and if our lass got railed off another bloke I'd be gone for good. So no, I haven't.
I agree if it was with blokes, but if she liked pussy, it's not really a service you could provide her with.

Last edited:
Aye, if she wanted to fiddle about with a tuppence licker I don't think I'd mind, I might suggest it to her. From a safe distance.

Kind of. My ex was bi so I used to let her meet women for her fix of clam jousting. No other men involved though. Haway man, isn't it every man's fantasy?
In a world without jealousy, emotions and STDs it would be topper Dave marra :lol:

If you can keep those under check more power to you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back