Anyone been in an open relationship before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't mean by this a 'casual' relationship with someone, but a serious one where you're committed to one another but agree each other can sleep with other people sometimes (or together?).

I guess anyone whose done swinging or the like would fall into this.

What are the pros and cons? Strikes me as a pretty sensible way to do a relationship. Not sure why total monogamy is the best way of expressing your love for someone. Surely two grown adults would be capable of separating sex from love?

I know it wouldn't be for everyone, but anyway, does it work?

No I haven't and not for me either.

http://www.yourtango.com/2017301307/people-open-relationships-are-happier-says-science

"People In Open Relationships Are Happier (Says Science)

Scientists at the University of Michigan analyzed relationships of 2,100 participants over 25 (because peeps in their early 20s be crazy) with about 1,500 of those people in monogamous relationships and around 600 in committed non-monogamous relationships.

When it came to how fiercely they love, and how satisfied they are, researchers found no differences between monogamous couples and those in open relationships.

However, levels of jealousy were lower and trust was higher among those engaged in committed open relationships. "

http://www.yourtango.com/2017301307/people-open-relationships-are-happier-says-science

"People In Open Relationships Are Happier (Says Science)

Scientists at the University of Michigan analyzed relationships of 2,100 participants over 25 (because peeps in their early 20s be crazy) with about 1,500 of those people in monogamous relationships and around 600 in committed non-monogamous relationships.

When it came to how fiercely they love, and how satisfied they are, researchers found no differences between monogamous couples and those in open relationships.

However, levels of jealousy were lower and trust was higher among those engaged in committed open relationships. "
I am still of the same opinion that dabbling with other people as a couple (threesomes and foursomes and that) would be great but wouldn't like our lass shagging people one on one without me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back