Anyone been back to the gym?

I know, I just wish they would get their act together and enforce some of the rules at least. I would hate for it to close. I’m there every day.
Ye but even people making off the cuff comments can be detrimental to a business. Maybe speak with Mark. I've found the cleanliness is good and the majority wipe over equipment without overdoing it. There are many younger ones that have joined that congregate tbf that's to be expected as they are naive. We all started somewhere tho.

Ye but even people making off the cuff comments can be detrimental to a business. Maybe speak with Mark. I've found the cleanliness is good and the majority wipe over equipment without overdoing it. There are many younger ones that have joined that congregate tbf that's to be expected as they are naive. We all started somewhere tho.
Fair dos. Maybe I was just annoyed cos I couldn’t get on owt. I agree the options to clean the equipment are excellent.

Last edited:
Was going start back at Silksworth today, full for the next two hours and a few left for 7pm.

Was only ever half capacity before the lockdown and felt about right then :(

Loving being back at the gym.
3 months of doing volume with bands and trx stuff at home got so boring. Didn't mind It so much in November, as I do tend to do the odd 2-4 week high rep programme once or twice a yr anyway. But high reps is definitely my least favourite

Doing 1-4 reps per set atm and will continue with this for another 3 weeks or so.
My issue is that after having a big op nearly 2 yrs ago, no training for about 15 mnths and massive atrophy on my right side and weakness in my right side and then inconsistent training due to lockdowns, I'm desperate to try and get a bit stronger/bigger and lift similar to what I lifted pre injury (may2019).
I know I should be taking things steady , but dont appear to be, and at my age (46) I should know better. I'm just enjoying being back so much and am not very patient.
It's really hard when your lifting about 40% less than what you used to (and this is about 8 months into training after my op)

Last edited:
Loving being back at the gym.
3 months of doing volume with bands and trx stuff at home got so boring. Didn't mind It so much in November, as I do tend to do the odd 2-4 week high rep programme once or twice a yr anyway. But high reps is definitely my least favourite

Doing 1-4 reps per set atm and will continue with this for another 3 weeks or so.
My issue is that after having a big op nearly 2 yrs ago, no training for about 15 mnths and massive atrophy on my right side and weakness in my right side and then inconsistent training due to lockdowns, I'm desperate to try and get a bit stronger/bigger and lift similar to what I lifted pre injury (may2019).
I know I should be taking things steady , but dont appear to be, and at my age (46) I should know better. I'm just enjoying being back so much and am not very patient.
It's really hard when your lifting about 40% less than what you used to (and this is about 8 months into training after my op)
Massively relate to all of this. I’m probably upping the weight too quickly because of this frustration...I think patience is the key but it’s going to be Christmas before I’m back to where I was pre-pandemic

Massively relate to all of this. I’m probably upping the weight too quickly because of this frustration...I think patience is the key but it’s going to be Christmas before I’m back to where I was pre-pandemic
I'm sure you'll be quicker than that! Muscle memory will get your strength back ASAP marra!
Unfortunately for me I've had quite a bit of nerve damage so may take a bit longer !

JD gym shiremoor this morning 9:30am. f***ing rammed. Couldn’t get on anything.
Will try again tomorrow same time and hope it was the bank holiday, if not will have to pick a different time. Nightmare.

JD gym shiremoor this morning 9:30am. f***ing rammed. Couldn’t get on anything.
Will try again tomorrow same time and hope it was the bank holiday, if not will have to pick a different time. Nightmare.
Nowt worse when you’ve worked yourself up for the gym, made the effort to go and when you get there you end up doing little bits of different muscle groups cos it’s rammed.

JD back to the usual, knackered leg extension machine again.

Starting to get really pissed off with it to be honest, I would go somewhere else but there isn't another gym as handy for me.

JD back to the usual, knackered leg extension machine again.

Starting to get really pissed off with it to be honest, I would go somewhere else but there isn't another gym as handy for me.
Washy? I don’t know what their financial situation is like but don’t you think it’s time for new machines? They do seem rather dated and fragile.

Washy? I don’t know what their financial situation is like but don’t you think it’s time for new machines? They do seem rather dated and fragile.
Yeah mate.

The financial situation can't be that bad, I understand they will have been impated by COVID but all they do is fire Emails relentlessly with new sign up offers. Its ridiculous considering they never replace any equipment.

Yeah mate.

The financial situation can't be that bad, I understand they will have been impated by COVID but all they do is fire Emails relentlessly with new sign up offers. Its ridiculous considering they never replace any equipment.
It even looks dated though doesn’t it. I don’t really mean the plate machines they seem decent still, but certainly anything cable wise needs replacing if you ask me.

I agree with the new sign up offers point. How can they want more people in at 6pm on a night.

Back