Anyone been back to the gym?

I left JD Washington for this very reason, gave it the benefit of the doubt first couple weeks after it reopened thinking it would die down once the fad wore off, but just seemed no matter what time you go it’s packed, way worse than pre lockdown levels and loads of groups of young lads in ‘training’ together.
Moved to the leisure centre gym and although smaller and less kit way better experience with the limited numbers and booking slots meaning you can actually get in and train and not waiting around to get on stuff

I left JD Washington for this very reason, gave it the benefit of the doubt first couple weeks after it reopened thinking it would die down once the fad wore off, but just seemed no matter what time you go it’s packed, way worse than pre lockdown levels and loads of groups of young lads in ‘training’ together.
Moved to the leisure centre gym and although smaller and less kit way better experience with the limited numbers and booking slots meaning you can actually get in and train and not waiting around to get on stuff
There are quite a few absolutely stinking in there now too. Disgusting and unnecessary actual makes me want to spew. Know a few good members who are looking at alternatives

Anyone recently been to the aquatic? Currently go to puregym but Monday-Wednesday its packed thinking of changing and its not much more expensive.

Just read through the last few pages, I’ve never had any problems at Everlast since it re-opened. First few mornings it was a bit like January but then, like January, people disappeared.
It was a bit busier but I think that was initially because there were no classes, since the classes started it’s just back to normal and there is no booking for gym or the pool
That’s at 6.00am mind, not sure what it’s like later in the day

Just read through the last few pages, I’ve never had any problems at Everlast since it re-opened. First few mornings it was a bit like January but then, like January, people disappeared.
It was a bit busier but I think that was initially because there were no classes, since the classes started it’s just back to normal and there is no booking for gym or the pool
That’s at 6.00am mind, not sure what it’s like later in the day
You know the rules!

Was in David Lloyd the other day for the first time. I liked the gym but there wasn’t a lot of benches. The equipment was modern as owt and really showed JDs old failing equipment up (noticed another two cables snapped yesterday).

Was very impressed with the facilities. Just wished I could afford it.

Was in David Lloyd the other day for the first time. I liked the gym but there wasn’t a lot of benches. The equipment was modern as owt and really showed JDs old failing equipment up (noticed another two cables snapped yesterday).

I wish the Dundee David Lloyd would invest in some new equipment, compared to their other gyms ours is a mess.

The treadmills and cross trainers have connection cables for the old style iPhone/iPod charger sockets FFS. I reckon some of the weights machines are the same ones they had when they first opened in 1999.

I love DW, now everlast, it suits me down to the ground.
But, I got a years free membership for Seaham Hall when I bought me house. Was due to start Oct last year but obviously couldn't because of Covid, so just had a full years membership given,I’d never pay the money to join, but it’s a lush place to go to for nothing

Anyone recently been to the aquatic? Currently go to puregym but Monday-Wednesday its packed thinking of changing and its not much more expensive.

you still find this? i go regularly and rarely struggle to use the equipment i want first time. although i'm mainly doing cardio these days with occasional machine/free weights thrown in so maybe we're looking for different stuff. been in today and it was absolutely dead, no doubt due to the weather

To be fair, it really depends on the machine and newer definitely doesn’t always mean better. (I mean, obviously this isn’t the case if the machine is actually broke, as one that isn’t broke always wins hands down in that comparison).

A lot of older machines in gyms are far better than newer ones because the level of resistance offered by cables (which most old schools machines have) in comparison to newer ones which generally always use belts, makes them far more challenging.

Back