Anybody else writing this season off?

I'm getting to the stage where promotion would be a bonus and itll be another season in this league.

This time with a Sporting Director, decent manager, a long term vision and proper recruitment we SHOULD gain promotion if we don't this season.
I'll let you know at the end of January. It's not looking good though.

Never thought promotion was possible with this team, mid-table team and squad which was proven last season.

Won’t be near the play offs whenever the season ends, absolutely shite!

It's playoffs at best, and that looks like a big stretch considering how many games we're going to have to play in a very short space of time. I fully expect us to start 2021/22 in League One, I just hope that for the first time in I don't know how many years (8? 10?) we'll have made the team better rather than worse over a summer window.

On that performance, yes and I don't think promotion next season is a given either.
There are a lot of players out of contract so will be a big rebuild as opposed to strengthening a good promotion chasing core. The recruitment department has one hell of a task in it's hands in January and especially next summer.

We don’t look like a promotion team a think we will just scrape in the play offs of where lucky and we manages to bring a few players that will improve the team

Automatics on the verge of being a pipe dream, but I expect us to make the playoffs so obviously the season isn’t a write off. Playoffs are a lottery though.

We look a long way from the finished article but the league is pretty open so we’re only a few games from being in with a shout.

Gut feeling is we’ll miss out but storm it next year.

I don’t think the squad is good enough to go up even via the play offs. Today again, highlights that there aren’t enough leaders in the squad, players willing to sacrifice everything for the team etc.

There are too many of them just going through the motions.

Back