Anybody else writing this season off?

Some absolute negative wet wipes on this thread . Glad the manager and squad didn’t listen to the bullshit .

You mean people commenting on what they were seeing at the time
Going to really want to slap someone if I look at them games and we miss out on automatic by one point.

It goes to show that people were quite rightfully concerned at the time that we were going to miss out on the playoffs. That's how bad we were playing. We'd been in that rut for a long time

You mean people commenting on what they were seeing at the time

It goes to show that people were quite rightfully concerned at the time that we were going to miss out on the playoffs. That's how bad we were playing. We'd been in that rut for a long time
Shows how good we have been recently as well. Looking forward to the run in now.

A nice bump. A few of the realists showed their superior footballing knowledge. :)
Aye it may show a few up but it also shows that owt could happen, not just with SAFC, with football over a period of time. Owt could happen even during a game as evident in many a match thread, again not just SAFC.

Some may think they know football when in fact nobody does because if they did they'd be making £1,000's from the bookies. Some may well suggest things but it's normally based on recent results or the result at a certain time in the game with plenty time left to play but some don't see the actual football on the pitch.

A few weeks ago, due to the football they played, I had a feeling Brighton may come could even though the results were shite but some wrote them off. The same goes for Fulham but it looks like they may not make it as their defence lets them down too much. Even so, OCH and it could be Brighton who still go down but it could even be Burnley go down. The Mags beat them Sunday and Fulham win tonight they're just 4pts ahead with 6/7 games left.

I spent a few seasons on here saying it wasn't over for us un the Premier League but didn't bother the season we did actually go down as the footy we played was shite. Even playing good/shite doesn't mean something will happen as you can fuck up when playing good or spawn results when playing shite and not just SAFC. January 2nd when this thread started, we were 11th but had a game/2 games in hand on teams above. We were certainly in with a shout of playoffs but not playing as good as we have since. I wouldn't have written us off but I also wouldn't have bet on us challenging for top 2.

This is the amount of points gained since Jan 2nd for each team. Look at Lincoln in 17th yet they were promoted months ago according to some football experts on here. The same went for other teams who had a decent spell of football. Who would have predicted Burton would be so high and you can also see why Blackpool are being mentioned on here. Blackpool are actually top on PPG with 2.12, us in 2nd on 2.10, Burton 3rd on 2.00, Peterboro 4th on 1.95 and Hull 5th on 1.86

We could still crash and burn so I'm hoping we get promoted. The years of late disappointment has turned untainted optimism more into pessimism so the fall when shit happens isn't as long :lol:. I'll be hopeful again if we end up in the playoffs but again wouldn't be surprised if we don't do it and summit like taking the lead, only to lose in ET happens. One thing I do know is that it isn't over until we're mathematically out of it or if it's playoffs if there's just one goal in it then I'll be hopeful we can spawn a late goal. ITHICS and OCH for me :lol:

Some may think they know football when in fact nobody does because if they did they'd be making £1,000's from the bookies. Some may well suggest things but it's normally based on recent results or the result at a certain time in the game with plenty time left to play but some don't see the actual football on the pitch.

exactly. all you can comment on is what you see in front of you. how we played today/this month/this season etc.. and make a prediction based on that. so those on this thread and the many others suggesting that we may not make the playoffs were well within their right to do so, after half a season of watching us play shite. saying it after 1 game is obviously stupid, as it will be tomorrow if we get beat (not beyond the realms of possibility) when they innevitable threads start firing up saying were not good enough to go up and have blown it etc..

theres a massive difference between knee-jerking after one game (it goes both ways) and commenting a the half way point on where you think we'll finish at the end of the season, based on watching us for the first half.

same applies to players.

thats why people bumping these threads can sometimes be funny, reading the posts back in hindsight etc.. but others using that hindsight to try and look clever proves absolutely fuck all

wyke looked absolutely hopeless for ages, and people rightfully pointed it out. now he has had a run of great form, doesnt make those people commenting back then 'wrong'

No its just a typical response from people like you who seem to like it when we get beat. And who says not top 2 there are plenty of points to play for yet
Just facts. And you were the silly boy bumping threads. Take no enjoyment but likewise try to be realistic given the evidence.

Back