Anybody else writing this season off?

Giving it until the end of the transfer window.

I don’t think the squad is currently capable of reaching playoffs spots never mind top 2

There's still a chance this season but we need to get some quality in this month and hope its enough to improve give us the cutting edge.

Recent form suggests anything but promotion ....."today was Sunderland’s fifth draw in seven league games, and the Wearsiders have now won just one of their last eight League One outings".

This group of players are easily good enough for top six
Nah, not for me. This group of players are easily good enough for top six. Parkinson was hugely to blame. Everyone knew we needed pace up front and he brought in Graham and O'Brien.
They have consistently for 2 and a bit seasons shown they are not. Whatever they are "on paper" means bugger all if it's not "on the pitch". 3 managers now and they are still just as shite. It's the players.

Let's not pin that team all on parkinson. The ownership are the ones most culpable for the disgraceful state of our squad.
Well if you completely ignore the fact I said he was a shit appointment and who would have thought that, you may have been correct. He is still f***ing culpable, because he is f***ing hopeless

5 points from 4 games for Johnson now. Just saying
Think we can cut him some slack given the fact in the three games where we didn’t get a win:

Wigan - was hired only a few hours before the match.
Wimbledon - had a significant amount of players out due to COVID-19, he said there’s no way that game should have been played.
Northampton - we haven’t played for over 2 weeks & wouldn’t have been allowed to train much prior to the game due to the isolation rules.

They have consistently for 2 and a bit seasons shown they are not. Whatever they are "on paper" means bugger all if it's not "on the pitch". 3 managers now and they are still just as shite. It's the players.

What, you mean when actually did finish top six and then the following season were just outside when a third of it was curtailed?

We need to find a Gabbiadini type in January to fire us out of this league this season. We currently simply don't score enough goals to get promoted.
Their keeper today man. Worked harder Christmas shopping with his missus.

Back