Any train drivers on here?

It’s always the same on here. People love to have a go at those who get higher pay than them but haven’t got the bottle to fight for higher pay themselves.
It’s the same with most things. It’s easier to beat people down rather than work hard to climb up
Northern Rail pay £53k when you start your 3rd year.
Aren’t northern rail one of the lowest paid?

I might move back for that wage like
Yes I do. No doubt next round of pay talks they will end up on strike for some ‘safety’ issue.
The same workforce and union who went on strike to save the job of a driver who was sacked after he failed a breath test at work.
It’s all about the safety.
To be honest we had a similar case. 2 lads were involved in a major safety violation so both got drug tested. 1 failed and was sacked.
During the investigation it was revealed that the lad who failed wasn’t at fault for the incident so he tried to appeal to get his job back. Even though he was sacked for failing a drug test.
he claimed he should never have been caught because we shouldn’t have tested him

Last edited:
Yet you see fit to criticise the pay and conditions of those who do choose to do it, and those who choose to stand up for themselves to get those terms and conditions.
on a slightly unrelated topic, this is why I refuse to give large tips, maximum £1.50 per person is my rule.
If folk then say to me "they need that because they are so badly paid" (particularly in the US) I say "well thats their fault for not campaigning for better pay & conditions. These restaurant owners just take the piss, everyone knows there's a huge margin on food.

Anyway back on topic, good luck to the lad and all train drivers for getting out there and doing it, you earn what your employers are prepared to pay you, if you don't like it you can always find another job or raise the issue with your employer.

on a slightly unrelated topic, this is why I refuse to give large tips, maximum £1.50 per person is my rule.
If folk then say to me "they need that because they are so badly paid" (particularly in the US) I say "well thats their fault for not campaigning for better pay & conditions. These restaurant owners just take the piss, everyone knows there's a huge margin on food.

Anyway back on topic, good luck to the lad and all train drivers for getting out there and doing it, you earn what your employers are prepared to pay you, if you don't like it you can always find another job or raise the issue with your employer.
Spot on. Someone has come on asking for a bit of advice and the usual suspects derail the thread....pun intended.

It’s the same with most things. It’s easier to beat people down rather than work hard to climb up

Aren’t northern rail one of the lowest paid?

I might move back for that wage like

To be honest we had a similar case. 2 lads were involved in a major safety violation so both got drug tested. 1 failed and was sacked.
During the investigation it was revealed that the lad who failed wasn’t at fault for the incident so he tried to appeal to get his job back. Even though he was sacked for failing a drug test.
he claimed he should never have been caught because we shouldn’t have tested him
Aye, I think LNER and Eurostar pay the best.

Always thought you had to earn at least £1m a year to be a member here.
Have we had a pay cut while I was away? I’m on double that, plus bonus, I’ve got a fleet of super cars and drawers and drawers full of expensive watches. Never leave the mansion with less than £15k of clothes on either
Eurostar pay is huge apparently.

Crossrail were recruiting about a year ago on very good money too.
f***ing crossrail, the mere mention of that boils my piss.

Eurostar pay is huge apparently.

Crossrail were recruiting about a year ago on very good money too.
£65k apparently.
Have we had a pay cut while I was away? I’m on double that, plus bonus, I’ve got a fleet of super cars and drawers and drawers full of expensive watches. Never leave the mansion with less than £15k of clothes on either

Only a mansion? I have my own hamlet.

Crossrail is great man.

***** trick to not tip in the us like. they work on tips, thats the culture.

Back