Any train drivers on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My mate got ran over by a steam train. He was chuffed to bits.
So did my granda. True story.
It’s always the same on here. People love to have a go at those who get higher pay than them but haven’t got the bottle to fight for higher pay themselves.
No, we just think there are a lot of jobs far more deserving of those salaries. I imagine being a bus driver is a lot harder than being a train driver, for example.
How come, from the outside it looks like an easy job?

What makes it deserve such a high wage?

^ this, if we can automate cars, trains should have been done years ago.
Ridiculous they aren’t automated already, especially tube trains. That’s the power of unions for you.

Last edited:
So did my granda. True story.

No, we just think there are a lot of jobs far more deserving of those salaries. I imagine being a bus driver is a lot harder than being a train driver, for example.

Ridiculous they aren’t automated already, especially tube trains. That’s the power of unions for you.

And if bus drivers unionised and fought for better pay then they’d deserve it. Secondly being a bus driver really isn’t harder than being a train driver.

Bus drivers have to turn left and right for starters.

You can become a bus driver in 3-6 weeks. Takes a minimum of 12 months to learn how to operate a train and then you have to start learning the routes themselves. And that’s before you take into account the fact that you have to learn different types of train.
Gotta be on a piss-take shirley.

Either that or thick. I know what my money is on.

And if bus drivers unionised and fought for better pay then they’d deserve it. Secondly being a bus driver really isn’t harder than being a train driver.
I’m sure it is like. They have to negotiate traffic, double parked cars, blind spots, cyclists, pedestrians, roadworks etc etc
They also have to deal with the general public, drunks, violence, mental cases etc, and on top of that they have to handle money, give change etc. Train drivers have none of that to contend with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back