Any train drivers on here?

Lner and xc pay the best at around 65k. Trans pennine pay a lot too and their work out of Edinburgh is minimal to say the least. Couple of mates went over last recruitment ad they placed. It's not for me as money isn't everything. I've got a good thing going where I am and I get every weekend off as opposed to shifts.

It’s the same with most things. It’s easier to beat people down rather than work hard to climb up

Aren’t northern rail one of the lowest paid?

I might move back for that wage like

To be honest we had a similar case. 2 lads were involved in a major safety violation so both got drug tested. 1 failed and was sacked.
During the investigation it was revealed that the lad who failed wasn’t at fault for the incident so he tried to appeal to get his job back. Even though he was sacked for failing a drug test.
he claimed he should never have been caught because we shouldn’t have tested him

My wife works in the rail industry in a non safety related area and has been drug/drink tested twice in the last few months.
The testers seem to like appearing at 6am on a Saturday or Sunday morning.

Invest in getting to work those who contribute the most. Basic economics.
And there’s the problem, there’s such a huge disparity between London and everywhere else, on an island 900 miles long, its ridiculous. Think we should sink London. It’d solve an awful lot of problems

not on time. productivity hours. more worked hours mean more money meaning more tax.
Nope, because all your career knobs who work way over their contracted hours for free just to appear better than their workmate next to them will still work extra hours for free.

Nope, because all your career knobs who work way over their contracted hours for free just to appear better than their workmate next to them will still work extra hours for free.
more city workers getting bonuses. taxed on the way in, then taxed when they go poppin bottles in marbs.

more city workers getting bonuses. taxed on the way in, then taxed when they go poppin bottles in marbs.
Nope, same amount. Only ones who will benefit massively are the owners of the construction companies. Nobody else. Fact. It’ll become another haven of spreading disease like the tube. Sink it. Sink all of London (part from The Sports Bar in Shoreditch, that can stay)

Nope, same amount. Only ones who will benefit massively are the owners of the construction companies. Nobody else. Fact. It’ll become another haven of spreading disease like the tube. Sink it. Sink all of London (part from The Sports Bar in Shoreditch, that can stay)
owners of construction companies go poppin too, as do the hourly paid construction workers. suck it up peasant.

owners of construction companies go poppin too, as do the hourly paid construction workers. suck it up peasant.
Hang on a sec, what’s poppin? Is this some trendy laaarndan ting? Either way, I don’t care, sink it and everyone in it apart from Lizzie, but especially sink you, you’re the worst kind of Londoner.

Hang on a sec, what’s poppin? Is this some trendy laaarndan ting? Either way, I don’t care, sink it and everyone in it apart from Lizzie, but especially sink you, you’re the worst kind of Londoner.
poppin bottles pal. generally on the beach or in the klerb on a thursday night. and don't worry, i'll sink myself. tonight. happy hour starts soon :cool:

Back