Any train drivers on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So did my granda. True story.

No, we just think there are a lot of jobs far more deserving of those salaries. I imagine being a bus driver is a lot harder than being a train driver, for example.

Ridiculous they aren’t automated already, especially tube trains. That’s the power of unions for you.

Most of the underground lines can be run without a driver but union and political pressure has stopped it. Think the victoria line was capable of partially doing it in the 60s and the DLR has been driverless since it started in the 80s.

I’m sure it is like. They have to negotiate traffic, double parked cars, blind spots, cyclists, pedestrians, roadworks etc etc
They also have to deal with the general public, drunks, violence, mental cases etc, and on top of that they have to handle money, give change etc. Train drivers have none of that to contend with.

So why don’t you help them fight for better money then?
Bollocks man. They have to press stop and go. The course is merely to make sure they aren’t handing several hundred tons of high speed steel to a loony.

And yet you can get a bus licence in a matter of weeks.

Maybe that shows that the training takes too long for a train driver. It wouldn’t be like the RMT or ASLEF to have created and try to protect an empire would it?

Who gives a fuck? If they’ve fought for better pay and conditions then it’s up to you to do the same in your job if you want them.

Bus drivers have to turn left and right for starters.
😂😂😂
I’m sure it is like. They have to negotiate traffic, double parked cars, blind spots, cyclists, pedestrians, roadworks etc etc
They also have to deal with the general public, drunks, violence, mental cases etc, and on top of that they have to handle money, give change etc. Train drivers have none of that to contend with.
😂😂😂
Bollocks man. They have to press stop and go. The course is merely to make sure they aren’t handing several hundred tons of high speed steel to a loony.
😂😂😂Jesus christ, 'merely'

And yet you’re not a train driver despite how cushy a job you seem to think it is. Bless.

In the same way as I am not a window cleaner, bookmaker, RAC salesman etc. Not jobs I have wanted to do.
So you reckon the level of training required is decided solely by the RMT & ASLEF?

I didn’t say that did I? I am sure any attempts to change it would be met with opposition from them though unless it suited them.

Last edited:
In the same way as I am not a window cleaner, bookmaker, RAC salesman etc. Not jobs I have wanted to do.

I didn’t say that did I? I am sure any attempts to change it would be met with opposition from them though unless it suited them.

Yet you see fit to criticise the pay and conditions of those who do choose to do it, and those who choose to stand up for themselves to get those terms and conditions.

So why don’t you help them fight for better money then?

And yet you can get a bus licence in a matter of weeks.
I don’t care what bus drivers get paid. And I’ve no idea what train drivers get either. It’s the underground drivers that annoy me, despite not living in London. Is the tube a public company or a private one?

I don’t care what bus drivers get paid. And I’ve no idea what train drivers get either. It’s the underground drivers that annoy me, despite not living in London. Is the tube a public company or a private one?
Northern Rail pay £53k when you start your 3rd year.

Yet you see fit to criticise the pay and conditions of those who do choose to do it, and those who choose to stand up for themselves to get those terms and conditions.

Yes I do. No doubt next round of pay talks they will end up on strike for some ‘safety’ issue.
The same workforce and union who went on strike to save the job of a driver who was sacked after he failed a breath test at work.
It’s all about the safety.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back