Any HGV Drivers

they’d never be able to do my job in the time we do it .
It would be sat at the tunnel in rush hr for hours waiting for that safe gap that doesn’t come.
at the top and of the tunnel there’s 2 lanes to the right that you obviously give way to , the inside one is for Tyne tunnel But people constantly use this lane to goto jarrow ,
A driverless truck would be sat there for ages

And a lot of jobs are more than just driving,we have to put the cars on and off , yes you could employ people at either end but why pay 2 people when one can do it

You have a vested interest so your opinion will be biased mate. Agree that certain driver roles would be more suited to it than others.

It'll be at least 100 years before we see driver less trucks .

It would be absolute carnage

Not really. A computer wont get drunk and drive or murder prostitutes either. I'm worried about the jobs though, there must be hundreds of thousands of truck/bus/taxi drivers in the UK whose jobs would come under immediate threat if driverless tech advances much further. The vehicle makers will be pushing it hard because it means they can sell for higher and the operators will want it as it will reduce costs.

Hahaha .. best joke ever.... katem.... Was John Dee.... Prick of the highest order... Put more company's out of work than Maggie did
Aye.
It's not usually a good sign when a firm is always looking for drivers. The best jobs are often word of mouth.
I work on the tankers and could make more money somewhere else but the perks of working for a small place outweigh a few extra quid.
As for driverless wagons, it'll never happen in my lifetime. Too much chance of carnage.

huge shortage of drivers atm with no realistic plans to find them, don't imagine you will be out of work for a long time with the class one licence.

depends if it suits you really

Aye.
It's not usually a good sign when a firm is always looking for drivers. The best jobs are often word of mouth.
I work on the tankers and could make more money somewhere else but the perks of working for a small place outweigh a few extra quid.
As for driverless wagons, it'll never happen in my lifetime. Too much chance of carnage.

I’d try and go down the tanker route if owt happens with my job at Nissan ,
Got a mate that drives for industrial chemicals in jarrow and he says it’s good but the new boss won’t touch anyone without tanker experience.
Might have to drive sludge tanker for Northumbria water via an agency to get a bit tanker experience

Thought it might have been Tyne and Wear ,
Great lads run that company .

are you intending to get your class one straight away ?
Probably not, struggling to get funds together to do the resit.

Why do you think that?

40 tonne juggernauts hurtling down the streets, driverless cars killing people, cost of technology versus cost of driver and some Fookas still got to work the joystick......so where's the benefit

Mebbes if they have big road trains at night only.....

I've always wondered why we don't make all HGV's just drive at night....

Why do you think that?
When I did my last CPC there was a Rep from VOSA sitting in to get a bit of feedback about how drivers feel they get treated on the road.
Had some canny arguments with the fella and we got on the subject of driverless vehicles.
His answer was the only way they could have driverless vehicles would be to change the whole of the road system in the UK....that aint going to happen.
There are a couple of Airports that use them but they are only good for a short trip and if something goes across its sensors it shuts down.

Its not going to happen any time soon

Back