Any HGV Drivers

No, i enjoy the wagons as well. It''s a grest job with the right employer.
It’s weird as it totally splits opinion, one of my mates has done it for just under a year and he’s only 22 and loves it, he says the ones who complain are the old timers who can’t get away with what they used to. The younger drivers like it as they haven’t known the job before all the rules and regulations and it’s well paid compared to a lot of dead end jobs out there.

Don’t think it will work in this country ,roads are far too busy.
America and Australia maybe

it makes the most sense where the roads are busy imo as the busier the roads the greater the potential impact of driver error. It wont be rolled out until the tech is bullet proof anyway. I doubt its going to be commonplace in the short term but once its proven, it will kill the driver industry very quickly as the savings associated with no driver to pay are huge.

it makes the most sense where the roads are busy imo as the busier the roads the greater the potential impact of driver error. It wont be rolled out until the tech is bullet proof anyway. I doubt its going to be commonplace in the short term but once its proven, it will kill the driver industry very quickly as the savings associated with no driver to pay are huge.

they’d never be able to do my job in the time we do it .
It would be sat at the tunnel in rush hr for hours waiting for that safe gap that doesn’t come.
at the top and of the tunnel there’s 2 lanes to the right that you obviously give way to , the inside one is for Tyne tunnel But people constantly use this lane to goto jarrow ,
A driverless truck would be sat there for ages

And a lot of jobs are more than just driving,we have to put the cars on and off , yes you could employ people at either end but why pay 2 people when one can do it

Last edited:

Back