Any Benefits to Me Getting An Irish Passport?

3rd
What a shit link, we have nearly as much VISA free access as France etc because of the EU.
Can't get my uncle to bring a boot full of red wine when he visits from Spain any more though!

I’m eligible for one and looked into it after the bellends voted for Brexit. If I’m honest, the benefits weren’t as good as I had hoped and I basically just dropped the application

Me nana was Irish, so I qualify for an Irish passport (I believe). Someone I work with got very excited when I mentioned it & said I should get it ASAP. What’s the benefits for me?

I don’t intend to live or work in the EU. Holidays are with my wife & kids, who are English, so they wouldn’t qualify, so passport control wouldn’t be different.

Can only think if travel, work or travelling abroad alone a lot there’d be advantages
UVF & UFF do not like this!

Got one in the 80s to avoid the exorbitant Indian visa fees which still exist, don't blame the Indians as they were introduced as Britain made it difficult for Indians to get visas. Managed to get it in the Gaelic version of my name too which is nothing like my English name.

What a shit link, we have nearly as much VISA free access as France etc because of the EU.
Can't get my uncle to bring a boot full of red wine when he visits from Spain any more though!
just google it. all the results are about the same.
sorry your uncle can't bring a boot full of red wine over any more but if that's how you choose to rank a passports importance then it says a lot besides depending on the car it may well be over the cars weight limit with a boot full so it's best all round.

Me nana was Irish, so I qualify for an Irish passport (I believe). Someone I work with got very excited when I mentioned it & said I should get it ASAP. What’s the benefits for me?

I don’t intend to live or work in the EU. Holidays are with my wife & kids, who are English, so they wouldn’t qualify, so passport control wouldn’t be different.

Can only think if travel, work or travelling abroad alone a lot there’d be advantages

I've had an Irish passport for years since Brexit its meant I tend to be in smaller queuing at Airports.

Irish passports are cheaper too.

https://livingireland.com › what-are-the-benefits-of-having-an-irish-passport-after-brexit

What are the Benefits of having an Irish Passport after Brexit?​

Benefit: You are still considered to be an EU citizen. Benefit: You can travel freely amongst the 28 European Union Member States. Benefit: You can also work freely within any of the 28 States, without the need for additional visa paperwork. Benefit: As you’re able to move freely between Member States, and this brings further advantages such ...

https://ie.iasservices.org.uk/benefits-of-irish-passport/

I'm way too young to be a boomer, 2 years younger & I'd be a millennial.

For whatever reason the facial recognition don't like me, and have to move to the other queue after several attempts.
Yeah I found them to be pretty crap. With an almost new passport I couldn't get through at Heathrow. Had to join the very long queue of others who failed.

Got one in the 80s to avoid the exorbitant Indian visa fees which still exist, don't blame the Indians as they were introduced as Britain made it difficult for Indians to get visas. Managed to get it in the Gaelic version of my name too which is nothing like my English name.

Nothing beats India for bureaucracy. I've only been there with work but it has been a nightmare each time. Didn't realise that it was easier with the so-called "less powerful" Irish passport

Back