Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawrence Okolie knocked Joshua out in sparring at the end of October, Klitschko has a hell of a chance the more this fight goes on.

Fella I know well, who is well clued up on boxing called the Bellew v Haye fight spot on, including the round itself. Made a good return on it.

He is going for a Klitschko win.

He reckons this is a step too far for Joshua at the moment, in terms of experience and he'll struggle to land through Klitschko's defence.
Reckons the fight against Whyte shows Joshua is vulnerable when hit and that Klitschko will take control as the fight goes into the second half.

I tried to get him to commit to a bit more specific and he said it all depends on Joshua's stamina holding out.

So for me, a little bet on Klitschko to win.
Cracking aftertiming ;)

Slung 50 on him after seeing him at the open workouts. The odds are too good to pass up if he's fit and ready.
crazy odds given the bloke lost 1 fight in 11 years against a (surprisingly) good and disciplined Tyson Fury.
Not worth betting on Joshua with the odds they have, so a couple quid on Klitschko will pay out a nice little bonus-

Think the first few rounds will be very cautious from both fighters, even if Klitschko is pretty much finished it would be a huge gamble on Joshua's part to go hell for leather early on considering that Wlad is a massive puncher when he actually lets his hands go. As for Klitschko if he can get the jab going and really take advantage of Joshua's lack of head movement then Joshua will be in for a really long night.

Predicting a Joshua win around 6 or 7 but really hope I'm wrong and Wlad stops him late on in a dominant performance.

Think the first few rounds will be very cautious from both fighters, even if Klitschko is pretty much finished it would be a huge gamble on Joshua's part to go hell for leather early on considering that Wlad is a massive puncher when he actually lets his hands go. As for Klitschko if he can get the jab going and really take advantage of Joshua's lack of head movement then Joshua will be in for a really long night.

Predicting a Joshua win around 6 or 7 but really hope I'm wrong and Wlad stops him late on in a dominant performance.
This will do for him I think. He'll get his head jabbed off from 6 onwards and get stopped late on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back