Anthony Joshua v Wladimir Klitschko

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fury looks more like Pavarotti than a boxer. He needs to lose at least 5 stone. Joshua will destroy him.

He's very awkward and deceptively fast for his size but for me Joshua beats him, definitely. Boxing is about styles and you can't compare Fury's fight with Wlad to last night.

Even if Fury does come back I'd be astonished if he's anything like the fighter he was prior to him going off the rails.

Even then though I think he was vulnerable. His defence is not as good as Wlad's and never has been. That fight has to happen though. Fury needs to stop with the bullshit and sort himself out as it will be a huge fight.

I thought he was behind as well, cant believe two of the judges had him 2 point clear. Till that punch in 11th....
I think there were a lot of rounds that could have went either way or been split. Wlad was dancing a lot and maybe not doing enough to win the rounds...I had him winning rounds 3, 4, 6, 7, 8 with AJ winning 2, 5, 9 and 10, with round 1 even before that decisive 11th. I thought both fighters gave their best but AJ will only get better.

Would like to see AJ fight Parker then Wilder then Fury

That was a bloody good fight.

I thought AJ was knackered after about round 6?? To come back and finish it like that was superb.

I've nothing against Klitscho as he is a good honest man and great fighter, but all said and done i'm delighted Joshua won, that lad is just brilliant.

There is no doubt after watching this fight, that Klitschko would have murdered AJ if they met at the same age, but that's the beauty of sport. Time catches up with people and the new blood comes through.

not really, 14 years ago was pre Manny, and just around the time the Sanders had used him as a punchbag for 5 minutes

Enjoyed that fight I thought vlad would win late on, shows what I know, a few things I took away from last night is Joshua can get back up once down but it does leave the question on how good is his chin and defence ? Loads of respect for both fighters and les hope Joshua gets fury and wilder as they will both pose different threats to him
I think his chin is fine....that punch would have floored anyone. His head movement needs to improve. Pre fight he talked about fighting off the line and slipping Wlad's jab to get inside but he seemed to be ignoring the fact that Wlad has one of the best hooks in the business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back