Another stabbing

People trying desperately hard to sound rough as fuck and as working class as possible.

Digs and bait ffs.
Wtf are you on about.
My first job many moons back engineers would ask me what digs were sorted.
Ive progressed a lot but the terms stuck and practically everyone i deal with uses it.
Rough as feck 😆

For context here. The combined population of

Sunderland
Newcastle
County durham
Manchester
Birmingham
Liverpool
Leeds
Sheffield
Bristol
Edinburgh
Glasgow

Is still 3m less than the population of London.

For balance if we post a London stabbing can we post sole articles from all of these places at the same time?

Sunderland
Newcastle
County durham
Manchester
Birmingham
Liverpool
Leeds
Sheffield
Bristol
Edinburgh
Glasgow

For balance if we post a London stabbing can we post sole articles from all of these places at the same time?
Only if you want look as sad as the OP.

@monkeytassle has hit the nail on the head. London is huge population wise, it’s also huge geographically. It goes for about 45 miles from the centre.

Central London is generally very safe, when people start linking what happens in Croydon which is 10 miles from Charing Cross and somewhere most people visiting will never go it’s like comparing not feeling safe in Sunderland centre to what’s happening in run down parts of Newcastle’s East End

@monkeytassle has hit the nail on the head. London is huge population wise, it’s also huge geographically. It goes for about 45 miles from the centre.

Central London is generally very safe, when people start linking what happens in Croydon which is 10 miles from Charing Cross and somewhere most people visiting will never go it’s like comparing not feeling safe in Sunderland centre to what’s happening in run down parts of Newcastle’s East End
I don’t think nuance and logic have any place on this thread mate

Sunderland
Newcastle
County durham
Manchester
Birmingham
Liverpool
Leeds
Sheffield
Bristol
Edinburgh
Glasgow

I ponder why people seem threatened by London, it's probably a mix of jealousy and fear that culture from London will make it's way north.

It's one of the best cities in the world, and it's very strange that we choose to regularly attack it given the absolute state of our own city.

I love London me like, going down for a few days next week with my lass actually to finally use a Virgin Experience present I got bought 18 months or so ago and it’s been a while since I’ve been at all so I’m looking forward to it, but it is mad how often you seem to see videos like this going around. I know it’s unlikely you’d see it happen on Tower Bridge, but Greenwich is hardly that far out from the touristy parts. And even if it was, it isn’t normal behaviour to be seeing in a civilised country.

I love London me like, going down for a few days next week with my lass actually to finally use a Virgin Experience present I got bought 18 months or so ago and it’s been a while since I’ve been at all so I’m looking forward to it, but it is mad how often you seem to see videos like this going around. I know it’s unlikely you’d see it happen on Tower Bridge, but Greenwich is hardly that far out from the touristy parts. And even if it was, it isn’t normal behaviour to be seeing in a civilised country.

Dear me. Looks like a decent area as well.

This daft cow further down the page amused me.

Last edited:

Why not just have a good old fashioned fist fight?

it's a massive city and I'm sure as a normal punter you've got to be very unlucky to be involved but Westminster regularly has the highest crime/stabbing/murder rate in London though (2019, 2020)

it's a massive city and I'm sure as a normal punter you've got to be very unlucky to be involved but Westminster regularly has the highest crime/stabbing/murder rate in London though (2019, 2020)
Does it?

I thought it had a high crime rate but not a particularly violent crime rate. A lot of that is down to it being a high tourist and late night area so is full of petty crime, with theft and handling the largest reported crime by far

edit - it was 16th out of 32 on the list of murders between 2000 - 2012

Last edited:

Depends what part of Greenwich like. The majority of it is nowhere near touristy areas.
Does it?

I thought it had a high crime rate but not a particularly violent crime rate. A lot of that is down to it being a high tourist and late night area so is full of petty crime, with theft and handling the largest reported crime by far

edit - it was 16th out of 32 on the list of murders between 2000 - 2012
I assume most of that will be driven by Kilburn/Kensal Town. Your normal tourist punters aren't knocking around there.

Last edited:

Back