Another stabbing

Flower selling has to be one of the nicest, gentlest professions out there and the gentleman was a lovely kind guy from what I've read. I just cant get my head around what kind of evil would stab a f***ing nice peaceful flower seller to death, truly horrible stuff.

@monkeytassle has hit the nail on the head. London is huge population wise, it’s also huge geographically. It goes for about 45 miles from the centre.

Central London is generally very safe, when people start linking what happens in Croydon which is 10 miles from Charing Cross and somewhere most people visiting will never go it’s like comparing not feeling safe in Sunderland centre to what’s happening in run down parts of Newcastle’s East End
Might be true like, but it's still mental to see a video, during the day in the middle of a busy park, of a bloke being chased and stabbed. Dinnit get that in Barnes. Or even Mowbray!

Does it?

I thought it had a high crime rate but not a particularly violent crime rate. A lot of that is down to it being a high tourist and late night area so is full of petty crime, with theft and handling the largest reported crime by far

edit - it was 16th out of 32 on the list of murders between 2000 - 2012
Highest rate of stabbings in 2019 apparently

I love London me like, going down for a few days next week with my lass actually to finally use a Virgin Experience present I got bought 18 months or so ago and it’s been a while since I’ve been at all so I’m looking forward to it, but it is mad how often you seem to see videos like this going around. I know it’s unlikely you’d see it happen on Tower Bridge, but Greenwich is hardly that far out from the touristy parts. And even if it was, it isn’t normal behaviour to be seeing in a civilised country.
I lived in Greenwich for 5 years. Never saw a spot of bother. Yes there's some council estates down along Woolwich Road and the o2 attracts some ronkers but as pissed as I have been trying to make it home I've never once felt unsafe. The last bad incident I can recall is a lad got stabbed coming out of the comedy club on creek Road for his watch. That was maybe 3 or 4 year ago.
I lived in Greenwich for 5 years. Never saw a spot of bother. Yes there's some council estates down along Woolwich Road and the o2 attracts some ronkers but as pissed as I have been trying to make it home I've never once felt unsafe. The last bad incident I can recall is a lad got stabbed coming out of the comedy club on creek Road for his watch. That was maybe 3 or 4 year ago.
2017 it was

Last edited:
Looks like it is more complicated than the 'gangs running amok', 'young black lads', 'stopping a mugging' posts had it.

The Mail are reporting that the murder suspect remanded in custody is the son of a woman who was going out with the murdered man. She was found dead (causes not clear, but not suspicious) in April.

Oh, and this is him. Sometimes waiting for the facts is a good thing.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
There was a harrowing piece in the Sunday Mail from a doctor I think in London.
Almost a daily occurrence, separate hospitals for rival gangs now , incidences where the rival gang have stormed the hospital to finish of victims .
It’s always black on black .
Never hardly gets media coverage
Shocking

Last edited:

Back