Another SMBer passes away - Access14

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm very proud to say he was my dad. Thanks for your kind words, he will be missed by us all so much.

SAFC fan for life and took my to my first game in 1989. We have had the same seats since the SOL opened, north east corner, row 29, seats 177 & 178 and Sunday will be an emotional day for me and my brother sat in those seats.

He read this forum all of the time and loved it, had plenty of laughs at some of the posts.

RIP DAD.

Don't really know what to say but obviously i offer my deepest condolences. I remember seeing his posts on here and, whilst the SMB can only give you the smallest snapshot into someones character, he always seemed a cracking bloke (and the testimonies of those who knew him only confirm that to be true) and the way he faced his troubles was both admirable and inspiring, if i ever face anything similar i only hope i can display a fraction of his courage and attitude.

Naturally I hoped we'd win on Sunday anyway, but if (when!) we do i'll be thinking of you and your brother, and will give an extra cheer for your dad. As others have said, if any of you need anything there will be plenty of us on the SMB who will be only too happy to help. We're a crazy, dysfunctional family but we're always here for our own. RIP Colin, another goodun taken too soon.

Don't really know what to say but obviously i offer my deepest condolences. I remember seeing his posts on here and, whilst the SMB can only give you the smallest snapshot into someones character, he always seemed a cracking bloke (and the testimonies of those who knew him only confirm that to be true) and the way he faced his troubles was both admirable and inspiring, if i ever face anything similar i only hope i can display a fraction of his courage and attitude.

Naturally I hoped we'd win on Sunday anyway, but if (when!) we do i'll be thinking of you and your brother, and will give an extra cheer for your dad. As others have said, if any of you need anything there will be plenty of us on the SMB who will be only too happy to help. We're a crazy, dysfunctional family but we're always here for our own. RIP Colin, another goodun taken too soon.

Thankyou mate, very nice thing for you to say. My dad genuinely loved this forum and read it all the time.

I've no idea why, but I always pictured Access14 as a younger lad, I think mebbes cos for a while someone arranging a meeting to resolve differences, the meeting point was at Access 14. Summink like that anyway, so I'll just keep on picturing him in my mind as a punchy young 'un looking for a dust up :lol:

RIP Colin and hope the Lads put on a display for your lads on Sunday.

Reactions: NGS
His last home game was the most recent one, the Arsenal game which was his birthday. We got in touch with the club and they gave us 6 seats in the Montgomery suite. Very fitting bring my dads last home game, 4 course meal, met a few players, posh seats etc.

Out great club didn't charge us a penny even though we were happy to pay. My dad had a great day.

Well done to the club, your dad will be looking down with fond memories, i hope this thread is helping with your loss.

Thankyou mate, very nice thing for you to say. My dad genuinely loved this forum and read it all the time.
That's lovely to hear mate its always nice to know this place is appreciated and does contribute in a positive way to the lives of folk on here...

Very sorry for your loss mate and I hope we win on Sunday for your father.

RIP access14............

Reactions: NGS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back