Annual Sky subscription dance.

They'll no doubt keep hammering you with calls offering better deals.

Should be illegal to have a subscription service that is different for each user in the way that they do it imo.
Yep, no idea how they get away with it, should just be a straight up price for everyone, take it or leave it. There must be people out there paying £1400 a year for Sky TV alone ☹️

I rang for a family friend the other day. Their bill was £90, I said they can’t afford it. Straight away he said I’ll reduce it to £60 (bog standard subs). When I said new customers are getting it for £39 he said ‘yeah that’s just get them in’.

I rang for a family friend the other day. Their bill was £90, I said they can’t afford it. Straight away he said I’ll reduce it to £60 (bog standard subs). When I said new customers are getting it for £39 he said ‘yeah that’s just get them in’.
It's shocking and their whole business model must be based on a certain % of subscribers paying absolute top whack.

Just cancelled today, just seen my bank statement with a DD of £112, nearly had a heart attack. Been with them years but that took the piss, they took cinema and kids off it and said the hest they could do was £67.50 so I said no.

My subscription was about £40 a month just 2 years ago. Unless they come back with anything close to that then will happily do without.
.....got rid of mine last May, they keep sending me letters offering me deals to come back, £33 for my package that they used to charge me £87
Not missing it. Saving £70ish a month.
Same here 👍

My Sky contract finished on 5th of this month
Have had no offers from them at all, since I put my notice in
I had my contact settings switched on, I checked them before I left

Disgusting that really. People need to cancel as soon as the get silly new quotes and move elsewhere. If enough people do that then the renew prices will be more sensible.

Just cancelled today. Spent 30 mins on phone babbling on and still the offer to stay was shite and they also wanted to charge 20 quid admin to keep my loyalty the cheeky bastards.
Know nowt about this firestick/iptv stuff so have a month to sort before everything gets cut off.

Mines going up to 50 quid a month. It's the basic package plus multiroom. I've tried always to get it a bit cheaper, but never succeeded.

I have a firestick, but I was thinking of freesat to use as main box as Sky will be wanting their gear back if I cancel.

Has anyone used freesat before? And is it actually worth getting? I have no tv aerial for the freeview stuff.

It's shocking and their whole business model must be based on a certain % of subscribers paying absolute top whack.
That’s exactly the model, loads probably won’t even bother checking what the debits are monthly. Get a good deal… then forget to renew and those new prices come in when it ends and then people either don’t look or put it on the list of things to do that you never get round to as it’s always a ballache doing the sky-or virgin dance

When I rang to renew my deal last time I think it was 87 quid a month...that was ultrafast BB, tv plus Netflix, sky sports and one multi room. I took my eye off the ball lately admittedly and realised for the last couple of months I've been paying 132 quid! And it was gonna go up to 154 next month! When I looked as well it was like 9 quid just for HD, then a further 4 quid for ultra HD I don't even use ultra HD ffs. What a con man. Bastards.

When I rang to renew my deal last time I think it was 87 quid a month...that was ultrafast BB, tv plus Netflix, sky sports and one multi room. I took my eye off the ball lately admittedly and realised for the last couple of months I've been paying 132 quid! And it was gonna go up to 154 next month! When I looked as well it was like 9 quid just for HD, then a further 4 quid for ultra HD I don't even use ultra HD ffs. What a con man. Bastards.
Yeh they are fuckers, they just add random shit on and you think I didn’t even ask for that once that deal ticks down

Back