Annual Sky subscription dance.

I was supposed to be switched over to Talk Talk today, the equipment never turned-up so I rang them and, after 35 minutes on the phone, found it had been cancelled, another 10 minutes and after being transferred to their sales team, it transpires I’d put the wrong address in (I hadn’t, the correct one was on the email they sent me at the time).
More back and forth and the deal I had agreed has now expired and they wanted to charge me the same as Sky are for their basic package.

To cut a very long and dull story short, I told them to keep it and stayed with Sky. What a carry-on.
Parents had talk talk and had nowt but bother with them worse than sky. Customer service was garbage to

PlusNet have been OK for me.
Just as competitive as anyone else and you can always get to speak to someone.

They did have issues with garbage wifi units a few years ago, but they seem much better now.
The old ones went pop after a few months. Now I make sure that they send me a new box when I renew a contract.
I've got 2 spares now, just in case, ready to swap in if the unit fails.
I only use the unit to connect to them, the wifi in the house is all mesh, which has been faultless and strong.

The only complaint I have is the random price increases mid contract, but that's the same with everyone really.

So I went onto that ismybillfair website and put what my Sky bill is going to be after the April rise (£99 per month for TV including Sky sports in UHD, Kids, Netflix, an extra box and superfast (70mbs) broadband) and according to that its cheap! Will still phone and try and get a deal but if they won't budge I'll probably just keep it. Had a look about yesterday and don't think I'd get the same package much cheaper elsewhere anyway.

So I went onto that ismybillfair website and put what my Sky bill is going to be after the April rise (£99 per month for TV including Sky sports in UHD, Kids, Netflix, an extra box and superfast (70mbs) broadband) and according to that its cheap! Will still phone and try and get a deal but if they won't budge I'll probably just keep it. Had a look about yesterday and don't think I'd get the same package much cheaper elsewhere anyway.
Would still go through to cancellations first

login to your account and make sure you have all the marketing options set properly, else you wont hear from them.
Everything looks in order.
I do now however have this message.

"We've found an old inactive account linked to your Sky iD. You need to unlink it to enjoy all of your Sky services on your new account.".

Might that be the issue? Not that I'm overly fussed mind you.

Super fast broadband is 70 mbs? Obviously not Fibre To The House.

Everything looks in order.
I do now however have this message.

"We've found an old inactive account linked to your Sky iD. You need to unlink it to enjoy all of your Sky services on your new account.".

Might that be the issue? Not that I'm overly fussed mind you.

Similar to what happened with mine, they wont be able to resolve it. The back-end systems are prehistoric! To try and get close to resolving mine they had to get me through to the accessibility team..as they were the only ones with a certain type of access to the old systems. I gave up in the end and sacked it all off. Waste of money, all shite and adverts.

We realised just how little we actually do watch, easily covered with a few legit apps.

You can get faster, they call it ultrafast and is a lot more expensive.
I’m out in rural Brittany at the moment. We have Fibre To The Home with 500Gbps upload and download for €27 (£23) a month.

The U.K. providers are taking the piss.

At home we have BT 500Gbps for £39.99 / month. IPTV does the rest.

I’m out in rural Brittany at the moment. We have Fibre To The Home with 500Gbps upload and download for €27 (£23) a month.

Not all of them, I get the same as you for £20 a month.

Still cheaper than mine, and mine is half that speed.

If that is really what you have, then you have the best deal ever known to man and are way ahead of the world!

But if it's 500Mbps up/down, then there's providers here offering double that speed for the same/less.

Also you are being overcharged for BT, I'd be shopping around.
Still cheaper than mine, and mine is half that speed.

You still locked into that builders deal? No sign of them changing?

Back