Annual Sky subscription dance.

Just recieved an email from Sky saying there's been an issue with bill and over charged, and that they will credit the extra charge back. You should check your bills and see you are paying more than normal

Just recieved an email from Sky saying there's been an issue with bill and over charged, and that they will credit the extra charge back. You should check your bills and see you are paying more than normal
Mine said I hadn't been paying enough and although they wouldn't be looking for back money my future bills will be adjusted. Keep checking my account and they havent changed yet.

Just cancelled mine, noticed my bill was meant to go to £98 but they automatically applied a discount. Still not happy with the discount so I cancelled.

Do the retentions team not contact you anymore? Can’t say I’m bothered if they don’t, I will just return the kit and go multiple room with my firestick.

Got my email the other day. Going from £90 to £99. Phoned today and basically got told they can't help me. Even got put through to the loyalty department who said they couldn't help me either. They are also either poorly trained or liars as both people I spoke to said I couldn't leave as I was under contract despite the fact that because they've put the broadband up I am allowed to cancel that, it even says so in the email they sent. Twats. Have to stay with them till December for tv but will look about for broadband, just can't be arsed with the hassle.

So I went onto that ismybillfair website and put what my Sky bill is going to be after the April rise (£99 per month for TV including Sky sports in UHD, Kids, Netflix, an extra box and superfast (70mbs) broadband) and according to that its cheap! Will still phone and try and get a deal but if they won't budge I'll probably just keep it. Had a look about yesterday and don't think I'd get the same package much cheaper elsewhere anyway.
In the middle of the dance currently.
That above looks OK ish for sky. They started at £126 for above less kids, less extra box, less superfast ( not sure of speed). Got down to £105, but due a call Saturday. We were paying £82 (new customer rate, ie about £50 off the "full rate" apparently). Just had £11 increase £82 to £93. ( contract ends in about 5 weeks time)

See what they say Saturday.
Can't for tv, can for broadband.
?

In the middle of the dance currently.
That above looks OK ish for sky. They started at £126 for above less kids, less extra box, less superfast ( not sure of speed). Got down to £105, but due a call Saturday. We were paying £82 (new customer rate, ie about £50 off the "full rate" apparently). Just had £11 increase £82 to £93. ( contract ends in about 5 weeks time)

See what they say Saturday.

?
Yeah I'll probably just suck it up tbh. It's just shite that they can whack the prices up mid contract, should always be once your contract ends. With regards to the second post you can't cancel the TV without paying charges if you are under contract. You can switch broadband providers though it even says that in the email they've sent me, I could save a few quid a month and get faster broadband but I can't be arsed with the hassle tbh.

Thank you. @the dude

Everything should be a set price for everybody, we don't go down the supermarket and start negotiating how much we are going to pay for a litre of milk. So time-wasting all this negotiating and pretending to cancel. Must cost Sky too.

Virgin were just as bad, we were with them for over 25 years and there is no reward at all for being a loyal customer, they just charge you more.

I actually think Sky and Virgin are ok ( a few quibbles but not anything too bad), but the annual dance is a joke. I don't mind even price rises, things do go up, ( though I agree they likely should be at contract end ). It is just the dealing for a decent price that is so time wasting, but has to be done as if you don't it can be costly.

I really don't understand what you get for Sky.
Ok you get a few channels that you wouldn't normally get, but all of the main stuff is on other services (Netflix, Prime, Apple, Disney Etc)

So does anyone actually think it's worth it?

Will this monthly charge not be going up at the start of April ?
Also, does your package include Netflix ?
Not sure mate, I need to contact them tomorrow and see what the overall offer is, once I’ve spoke to them I will let you know.

It says full tv package for 43.50 but then an add on for hd, I will try and blag that for free.

Just cancelled today, just seen my bank statement with a DD of £112, nearly had a heart attack. Been with them years but that took the piss, they took cinema and kids off it and said the hest they could do was £67.50 so I said no.

My subscription was about £40 a month just 2 years ago. Unless they come back with anything close to that then will happily do without.

Just cancelled today, just seen my bank statement with a DD of £112, nearly had a heart attack. Been with them years but that took the piss, they took cinema and kids off it and said the hest they could do was £67.50 so I said no.

My subscription was about £40 a month just 2 years ago. Unless they come back with anything close to that then will happily do without.

They'll no doubt keep hammering you with calls offering better deals.

Should be illegal to have a subscription service that is different for each user in the way that they do it imo.

Back