Annual ‘Car Parking at CLS’ Thread

Fine weather forecast,derby game,good result v Lancs,it'll be heaving. In such circumstances I get there early and stroll over to Ropery Lane and have a pre-match pint in Ch-le-St cc.

If I get there late on Friday what are my options? Is the Riverside overflow likely to be full and Does Lumley Castle have paid parking for the T20s?

Thanks in advance.
I got there at about 6.20 last week. Got parked in the car park opposite the gym entrance no problem and didn’t have to pay. The steward at the entrance told me that the money collectors had gone to cash up so I could park for nowt. May of course be a bigger crowd v the racists tomorrow.

When I was leaving the game yesterday I heard two stewards discussing the game on Friday night and the club are apparantly expecting a 'record attendance' . There's even rumours @Twisted is planning to be there.:lol:

So wherever you decide to park I wouldn't leave it to the last minute to arrive.

Last edited:
Note that parking is cashless, see below from club e mail

Parking will be available in the public parking around Seat Unique Riverside, payment will be cashless with stewards having machines to take payment by card.

When I was leaving the game yesterday I heard two stewards discussing the game on Friday night and the club are apparantly expecting a 'record attendance' . There's even rumours @Twisted is planning to be there.:lol:

So wherever you decide to park I wouldn't leave it to the last minute to arrive.

It’s the funeral of a lad off here (Scott was cricket mad so he’d approve of me heading over after), so I probably have no option but to land late.

Just wondered if there’s a risk that the car parks will be full to the brim, and if the Castle is an option in that event.
define "late"

I’m getting there around 5ish to get in the car park opposite the ground. Had an email from Durham saying the car park payments will be cashless as stewards have machines to take the fee

expected biggest crowd of the season tomorrow . Weather looks perfect, let’s hope we get a cracker

I’m getting there around 5ish to get in the car park opposite the ground. Had an email from Durham saying the car park payments will be cashless as stewards have machines to take the fee

expected biggest crowd of the season tomorrow . Weather looks perfect, let’s hope we get a cracker

I’ve parked there 4 times this season. The stewards haven’t had machines and needed cash (£2). One of them told me that the machines hadn’t arrived. They may of course be there now, but just so you know!

I’ve parked there 4 times this season. The stewards haven’t had machines and needed cash (£2). One of them told me that the machines hadn’t arrived. They may of course be there now, but just so you know!
Cheers, I’ll have my wallet just in case. Really looking forward to it and the weather appears to be great as well

Cheers, I’ll have my wallet just in case. Really looking forward to it and the weather appears to be great as well

I am too.

I’m taking Mrs NCB - the only cricket she’s ever seen has been in 30 degrees plus heat overseas so this is the closest we’ll ever get to it up here! She’s from Yorks too, so should be canny.

I’ve been digging out my old durham cc floppy white hat with one of those hairy headbands around the brim

:lol:. That’s t20 chic for you
………………..

took some negoiating but I’m now getting dropped off and picked up. Cost me a night of watching Doctors downloaded

she takes no prisoner

Last edited:

Back