Animals and insects that have attacked you.

Whilst connecting the ships telephone lines down the falklands me and a mate were attacked by an angry Albatross. It was the size of a 747. The screwdriver I threw only seemed to anger it, it was every man for himself back to the gangway. The deckies watching were pissing themselves.

Aside from Texas sized mozzies, got bitten on the shin by a brown recluse spider. I felt NOWT!

Until a couple of days later I noticed a small red mark on me leg which over the next few days grew into a giant pustulous suppurating abscess. When it finally burst and I cleared out all the pus and necrotic flesh I had a hole I could put me finger in up to the first joint. It left a bruise-like scar for about ten years

Anyone eating dinner right now?

Spiders never used to bother me but if I see one in the house or garage now it goes under the boot after that, the little brown bastards.

One thing I hate about summers in Arkansas is the fact I get bit to buggery from the mozzies all the time, I now have to cover myself in citronella oil it stinks and on my back deck ive got 3 big citronella plants so I don't get attacked while having a beer

The mozzies and the cicadas drive me barmy in the summer

Bitten by a Barbary Ape on the Rock of Gibraltar. Had to go to hospital in a fire engine.

If you'd stuck with just the first sentence, you'd have got loads of sympathy. Now we just hate you.

Wasp mk 1 sting was self defense, thought i was attacking it.
Wasp mk 2 sting totally unprovoked, it was just being a twat.
Greyhound had a bite at my leg, unprovoked. Just a scratch.
Rag/lug worm nipped my finger. Was unprovoked. I was only going to feed it to the fish.
Loads of mozzies.
Cat/dog fleas, loads.

Last edited:

Back