Andy Murray

:D I thought you meant Davie. .. I read further and somebody said Henry:oops:
I was just listing names that came to mind. The op has Murray as the greatest sportsman. I don’t agree with that but he is undoubtably the greatest tennis player , probably forever in Britain

There are thousands of sports people that could be in the running

Henry Cooper
Colin Mcrae
Stirling Moss
Daley Thompson(zx spectrum)
Nigel Mansell(scintillating wit)
W.G. Grace (Beard)
Eddie Kidd(up there with Knievel)
Mick McManus
Big Daddy
Giant Haystacks
Ollie Reed(arm wrestling)
John Kay(Rowing)
Paul Bracewell
Piston

Last edited:
So what you are saying is that if there hadn't been better players around, he'd have won more ?

Shite argument, I could say that I've been unlucky there are about 50,000 better snooker players than me or I'd have been nailed on to win the World Camoionship.

Not quite, he was unlucky that 3 that would probably feature in the top 10 of all time were around. Players less talented than him have probably won more in different times.

I searched for greatest tennis players and the first hit had "those 3 " 1,2 and 3
Top 10 Greatest Men's Tennis Players of All Time

Murray has been a great player, in most other eras he would have doubled his major wins. The standard of the top 4 of the last 10 years will never be repeated imho

He’s no botham or d Thompson mind

Pretty sure he always planned to return, but didn't want to say so in case it didn't work out that way.

I'm surprised he doesn't just give up though, seems to still really want it. Fair play to him

It's far more positive than 2 months ago with that emotional Aussie Open tribute and debating whether to go for the op or wait a few months for a final send off at Wimbledon.

Yep, he's achieved so much, jut about everything in the game, so the determination to get back on court when it's unlikely he'll get back to those heights is admirable. Murray's involvement in the game is a boost for tennis and particularly British tennis, so as long as he's happy and healthy, I'd love him to stick around for as long as he can.

Not even close
'Not even close' to the end of his career I assume you mean?

Back