Andy Murray

Agassi, McEnroe, Connors, Lendl, Borg, Sampras, just off the top of my head

Murray is not even in the equation for the top 10 never mind top 4

unfortunate to be around at the same time as 3 of the best of all time or he'd have won a lot more - I quite like the miserable Scottish twat tbh
So what you are saying is that if there hadn't been better players around, he'd have won more ?

Shite argument, I could say that I've been unlucky there are about 50,000 better snooker players than me or I'd have been nailed on to win the World Camoionship.

Top British tennis player of all time to date

Not top British sportsman ever.

So an 'era' is five years ?
The top 4 has remained largely unchanged for the 10 years from 2007 to 2016
Fed, Nadal, Djokovic, Murray -
Wawrinka broke into it briefly but my point was that Murray was one of the collective greatest top 4 of any sustained period in the history of the game - there will never be a top 4 like that over that kind of period ever again

Wawrinka broke into it briefly but my point was that Murray was one of the collective greatest top 4 of any sustained period in the history of the game - there will never be a top 4 like that over that kind of period ever again
You could argue the top 20 in the last 10 years has been the weakest for the last 40-50 year....players in and out showing no consistency apart from Stan.

I’m not, but you could.

You could argue the top 20 in the last 10 years has been the weakest for the last 40-50 year....players in and out showing no consistency apart from Stan.

I’m not, but you could.

If some of the rumours are ever proven that are spoken about in some circles, then both Murray and Stan may end up with a few more slams to their name

Good point though - would those 4 have remained unchallenged if there had been stronger players between 5 and 20 over that decade or so

Again wrong, but carry on.

Back