And now, we go live to the C of E in the 17th Century...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seaham boy would have been a shit superhero.
Was down there a few weeks ago with my old man. He was laughing at a seat ‘so and so loved this place’ my old man pointed out he worked with him and it used to be a slag heap and he f***ing hated working down the pit. Me da was telling me that the bloke who was named on the chair did nowt but work for the weekend where they could gan out and get smashed with him and me ma. ‘Loved this place’ aye reetio like we do where we work

They should be arguing for the large proportion of backwards heterosexual couples not having sex, for fear of procreation and continuation of their scumbag genes!

Would help out the social housing crisis!

You can't stop being Catholic mate, being baptised is like hepatitis of the soul. I don't believe in God or that Jesus was the messiah, that just makes me a shit Catholic.

This is so true. The same was said of being Jewish yesterday on Doctors. Once you are in then you are in for life.

To return to the subject of the thread, this is not fresh information. The position of the churches has always been that sex outside of marriage is forbidden, and that marriage is strictly between a man and a woman. They are quite clear that it is not wrong to be gay, but it is if you act on it. In that way, gays are no different to straight single people who the churches, pretty much ALL of them, believe should not be having sex.
They should be arguing for the large proportion of backwards heterosexual couples not having sex, for fear of procreation and continuation of their scumbag genes!

Would help out the social housing crisis!

So are all gays - whatever’s - rich, white and middle class?

Last edited:
The COE haven’t been relevant to the average person in this country for decades or longer.
Why people get their knickers in a twist by it’s utterances is beyond me.

This is so true. The same was said of being Jewish yesterday on Doctors. Once you are in then you are in for life.

To return to the subject of the thread, this is not fresh information. The position of the churches has always been that sex outside of marriage is forbidden, and that marriage is strictly between a man and a woman. They are quite clear that it is not wrong to be gay, but it is if you act on it. In that way, gays are no different to straight single people who the churches, pretty much ALL of them, believe should not be having sex.

So are all gays - whatever’s - rich, white and middle class?
Whooosh!

Religion of choice of the establishment. Head of State is defender of the faith.

True 21st century thinking.

Aye maybes it was just god having a sesh.

Wakes up in the morning and its like Fuuuuuuuck!!!

So I've got to look after these f***ing things now.

I love ricky gervais' take on genesis. Absolutely spot on.

"And on the 2nd day, God said let there be light and there was light and he saw that it was good....... hang on.... so that means on the 1st day he created the heaven and the earth IN THE DARK!!!

That's amazing! So he did it all, sorted it all out, turned the light on and went BRILLIANT that's just what I was thinking!"

Gervais needs to go back to his bible and reread it. Light was created on the first day.

The Creation of the World

1 In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 And God said, ”Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 And God saw that the light was good. And God separated the light from the darkness. 5 God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back