And now, we go live to the C of E in the 17th Century...

Sex is a very dangerous thing in all honesty.

We all do it and indulge in it especially when we were younger and care free / immature but as you get older and married it really opens your eyes to the trouble it can cause.

The urge is always there but the guilt means I would never act on it - too much to lose these days.
I don't think any would disagree. Old indian proverb...man with feet in two different canoes will get wet eventually. But this it's hardly the same thing.

But they're missing a trick. They would come across so much better if they preached their message of sex and marriage but inclusive of gay men and women. It might not be realistic but it would get them some kudos.

Last edited:

If every religious person in the world woke up tomorrow, realised it was all bollocks and became an atheist, the world would be immeasurably improved for millions of people.

Good people who became non-religious would continue to do good things (effect=neutral), bad people who use religion as an excuse for their evil would use some other excuse (effect=neutral), but people who use religion to convince otherwise good people to do bad things wouldn't be able to (effect=massively good).
Couldn’t agree more really.

Churches are accepting same sex marriage among their followers and slowly the whole thing is being eaten up into religion for it to stay relevant. Moses wrote genesis so he’s now been discarded. Surely everything else he said should be called into question.

God of course gave Moses a chance to prove that man were not a bunch of homosexuals before he destroyed us all and that’s failed. We’re allowed to fuck whoever we want.

Yeah back in the day. Everyone was swinging.
If you go back far enough.

Religious marriage came about because marriage itself was a mess. Jump over a rope in front of witnesses? You were married. And people got married in taverns whilst wearing beer goggles. And that was your life. So it needed updating. The idea was to put some thought into marriage. Long term commitment.

Of course the church came to see this as something they could control further and even make a canny prophet on but you know, power and corruption.

Last edited:
I don't think any would disagree. Old indian proverb...man with feet in two different canoes will get wet eventually. But this it's hardly the same thing.

But they're missing a trick. They would come across so much better if they preached their message of sex and marriage but inclusive of gay men and women. It might not be realistic but it would get them some kudos.
Indian proverb? Let’s see....

Entire cities etc

We haven't changed truth be told. But society has. I won't go on about it as people will only disagree but monogamous relationships aren't natural to humans.
I don't think they are either.

But then the debate is, is it a good thing we've atleast attempted to move on from that?

Sex is like a drug but too much can corrupt a man.

Temptation, curiosity, its a distraction and a dangerous one at that. I try my best to not have sex these days but its hard.
As Joe Rogan says, if you have to make a tough decision, that requires a clear head, I always advise you masturbate first
The sun is God.
That’ll do for me, I like to worship it now and again.
People in peterlee worship the moon

Basically we are animals, and not designed to be faithful. But society now frowns upon sex elsewhere and families break down because of it.
Primal instincts that we don’t understand yet to make our species survive and prosper. How else would you explain animals with no sentiment or love or enjoyment of sex courting procreation despite getting no satisfaction from the act. Animals die to be the one that impregnates the female. Why?
As Joe Rogan says, if you have to make a tough decision, that requires a clear head, I always advise you masturbate first

People in peterlee worship the moon
I grew up in Peterlee so watch it Seaham boy.

And they wonder why we're a vastly secular nation which is moving further and further away from religion each year.
How on earth we have not separated the church and state is mind-boggling.
Berks.
In what way was it hetrosexual married couples when the priests were raping little boys? Fuck the church, they can fuck off.

Primal instincts that we don’t understand yet to make our species survive and prosper. How else would you explain animals with no sentiment or love or enjoyment of sex courting procreation despite getting no satisfaction from the act. Animals die to be the one that impregnates the female. Why?

I grew up in Peterlee so watch it Seaham boy.
Seaham boy would have been a shit superhero.

Back