And now, we go live to the C of E in the 17th Century...

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s a laugh a minute. I’ve been reading it recently dipping in and out. I don’t believe for one minute that any sane person that can be trusted can believe a word of it. I’d go so far as to say they’re pig ignorant because they can’t have read it and given it the required amount of thought to think that this is something that should be followed in modern society
Insane isn't it.

Even the church leave out the majority of it.

They have a set list of stories they read at different times of year.

There are some things in it we can literally prove are not true.

So if it's "the word of God" and some of it isn't true..... probably not the word of God then is it?

We've all had times we look back and say "fuuuuck, I was out of order there".
Aye maybes it was just god having a sesh.

Wakes up in the morning and its like Fuuuuuuuck!!!

So I've got to look after these f***ing things now.

I love ricky gervais' take on genesis. Absolutely spot on.

"And on the 2nd day, God said let there be light and there was light and he saw that it was good....... hang on.... so that means on the 1st day he created the heaven and the earth IN THE DARK!!!

That's amazing! So he did it all, sorted it all out, turned the light on and went BRILLIANT that's just what I was thinking!"

Last edited:
Insane isn't it.

Even the church leave out the majority of it.

They have a set list of stories they read at different times of year.

There are some things in it we can literally prove are not true.

So if it's "the word of God" and some of it isn't true..... probably not the word of God then is it?
I can’t think of anything that I hate more than religion. If we looked at the good vs bad that it has caused in human history I’m certain it would fall on the side of bad. The best argument I’ve ever heard against the bible is this.

If we were destroyed tomorrow and man emerged again the bible wouldn’t happen again. It would be something completely different if at all anything like it was ever thought up.

We would however discover that man, dinosaurs, apes, dna, space, all exist or have existed and all of the beautiful science that makes up everything around us would emerge. It’s undeniable because what keeps us going is knowledge and the will to survive and learn what makes us stronger and protect life.

I watched a programme last night of three cougars fighting over mating to procreate. How do they know they have to fuck to keep their species going. It’s primal. Same electronic impulses we have for discovery of self.

Last edited:
I can’t think of anything that I hate more than religion. If we looked at the good vs bad that it has caused in human history I’m certain it would fall on the side of bad. The best argument I’ve ever heard against the bible is this.

If we were destroyed tomorrow and man emerged again the bible wouldn’t happen again. It would be something completely different if at all anything like it was ever thought up.

We would however discover that man, dinosaurs, apes, dna, space, all exist or have existed and all of the beautiful science that makes up everything around us would emerge. It’s undeniable because what keeps us going is knowledge and the will to survive and learn what makes us stronger and protect life.

I watched a programme last night of three cougars fighting over mating to procreate. How do they know they have to fuck to keep their species going. It’s primal. Same electronic impulses we have for discovery of self.
I think Sam Harris said something in a similar vein about Islam

He said if there was an island that was starting from scratch and we went and had a look at it in 2000 years time we have no idea how they would be living, they would have their own culture, their own discoveries, their own way of doing things.

If we did the same but placed a quran there it's very likely it would look like modern day Iran or Pakistan.

I think Sam Harris said something in a similar vein about Islam

He said if there was an island that was starting from scratch and we went and had a look at it in 2000 years time we have no idea how they would be living, they would have their own culture, their own discoveries, their own way of doing things.

If we did the same but placed a quran there it's very likely it would look like modern day Iran or Pakistan.
It would depend on how people behaved or who was the strongest. These books are appropriated to suit the narrative of whoever is in charge. Look at how suicide bombing went against Islam but has now become the ultimate martyrdom and widely accepted. They’re heroes but it flys in the face of the Quran.

Easy. Durham Mags.
I once worked with a jehovas witness mag from horden who had never been to a game. His mam (who I also worked with) was one as well. She ended up getting caught on fabswingers with interests such as bukkake, same room swapping, anal and ended up leaving the marital home because the husband wasn’t aware of it. Despite the fact this happened and her morals were debunked overnight he still practiced and as far as I know is still a virgin. What a life wasted man 😂

Last edited:
It would depend on how people behaved or who was the strongest. These books are appropriated to suit the narrative of whoever is in charge. Look at how suicide bombing went against Islam but has now become the ultimate martyrdom and widely accepted. They’re heroes but it flys in the face of the Quran.
I didn't know that? Are you sure? I honestly never seen anything that counters the use of suicide bombs.

Suicide is against the teachings of the Quran is it not or have I misunderstood your question?
But this is the problem with the teachings of Islam in general. It says that, but later it says martyrdom is a good thing when dying for the cause.

Unfortunately the rule is abrogation, so the later verse takes precedent.

It's just as hypocritical as christianity with conflicting verses but that's why the rule is in place.

Luckily Christianity has the good stuff (or the less bad depending on how you look at it) later, meaning the earlier stuff can be ignored if it contradicts the new testament.

Unfortunately in Islam its the other way round, all the nice stuff when mohammed was a desert dweller telling stories of peace and happiness are superseded by him becoming a slave owning warlord in later life

Sex is a very dangerous thing in all honesty.

We all do it and indulge in it especially when we were younger and care free / immature but as you get older and married it really opens your eyes to the trouble it can cause.

The urge is always there but the guilt means I would never act on it - too much to lose these days.

I can’t think of anything that I hate more than religion. If we looked at the good vs bad that it has caused in human history I’m certain it would fall on the side of bad.

If every religious person in the world woke up tomorrow, realised it was all bollocks and became an atheist, the world would be immeasurably improved for millions of people.

Good people who became non-religious would continue to do good things (effect=neutral), bad people who use religion as an excuse for their evil would use some other excuse (effect=neutral), but people who use religion to convince otherwise good people to do bad things wouldn't be able to (effect=massively good).

Fatherhood really mellowed God out
Ahhhh the well worn story. You clatter about in your youth raining fire, brimstone and flood and then...one cup of nectar too many on the wrong night and you get some poor kid up the duff. I suppose shit gets real even for God.

Sex is a very dangerous thing in all honesty.

We all do it and indulge in it especially when we were younger and care free / immature but as you get older and married it really opens your eyes to the trouble it can cause.

The urge is always there but the guilt means I would never act on it - too much to lose these days.
What do you mean the trouble it can cause?
If every religious person in the world woke up tomorrow, realised it was all bollocks and became an atheist, the world would be immeasurably improved for millions of people.

Good people who became non-religious would continue to do good things (effect=neutral), bad people who use religion as an excuse for their evil would use some other excuse (effect=neutral), but people who use religion to convince otherwise good people to do bad things wouldn't be able to (effect=massively good).
So true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back