Amazon deliveries

I never ever use a retailer who use Evri as their courier. Every courier has its flaws but Evri do actually take the piss.
M&S call Evri a trusted company, well the last and final order I will purchase from M&S was to delivered 3 hours earlier to the wrong house and the photo was not my feet. The parcel was eventually delivered 2 days late, this was a next day delivery parcel. They turned up the next day to take it back, without the promised collection time email. M&S customer service couldn't give a shite.

I live in South Shields. There's nothing that I can buy down town. The metro started the decline then the internet put the final nail in the coffin. 👍
I know mate, but people allowed that to happen, luckily there are still some places left, (not for long mind) when they go, all we'll have is Amazon, once they buy out the competition, that's why people should think about the alternatives, before they disappear, cash is a prime example, can you imagine the stunts the banks will pull in a cashless society.

I never ever use a retailer who use Evri as their courier. Every courier has its flaws but Evri do actually take the piss.
Me neither, the only time my parcels have ever been stolen is when they're being delivered by evri. I refuse to use them and wish the Disney store wouldn't use them ffs 😢

When did it become acceptable for them to not even bother knocking, just trying the door handle and hoying it in if it's open?
I found a parcel just propped against the front door. They didn't even ring the bell. I spotted it just as it started to rain and it only had a few splashes on it.

It contained a book and something electrical so it would have been returned.

When did it become acceptable for them to not even bother knocking, just trying the door handle and hoying it in if it's open?
I got one this week and the sackless knacker was halfway down the drive by the time I got the door open.

He just pointed and said “There”

I don't knowingly due to the horror stories, but I am yet to experience an issue with scores of deliveries. Royal Fail on the other hand....

I assume everyone has updated their delivery preferences to their exact liking, has a rough idea of when their order is arriving and won't spend 5 minutes going backward and forwards looking for keys, tutting loudly and then being extremely irritated that the thing they ordered online has had the audacity to turn up when it said it would. You've had 8 notifications, motherfucker, and my next drop is in 40 seconds time.

People in general are absolute bellends.

I assume everyone has updated their delivery preferences to their exact liking, has a rough idea of when their order is arriving and won't spend 5 minutes going backward and forwards looking for keys, tutting loudly and then being extremely irritated that the thing they ordered online has had the audacity to turn up when it said it would. You've had 8 notifications, motherfucker, and my next drop is in 40 seconds time.

People in general are absolute bellends.
I used to get better updates than I do now. Used to tell me how many stops away my parcel was. That has stopped recently.

Yours knocked? Better than I get. I've had two work laptops left on my doorstep and only found out when I got an email.

My dear old mother told me she recently saw a young Amazon delivery lad leaving a trail of parcels on the footpath outside a row of terraced houses - she asked him if he though they’d be safe (clearly not as anyone passing could walk off with them) - lad said routes were so big they were doing the job of two men so didn’t have time to return if people weren’t home!

@Kane why are the updates not as good now?
Been a long time since I drove for them so no idea! Better updates I think if you click the link in the despatch email and look on your web browser rather than the app.

The drivers are under a lot of pressure, and being Amazon, it's absolute wank pay. Just need to cut them some slack, but if they're not following the process, they won't be staying as drivers for long...

Edit: last route I did for them was 218 stops around Whitley Bay, didn't leave the depot until 11:40 and at that point their nav system didn't know the one way streets. I've had better days.

Last edited:

Back