Amazon deliveries

Been a long time since I drove for them so no idea! Better updates I think if you click the link in the despatch email and look on your web browser rather than the app.

The drivers are under a lot of pressure, and being Amazon, it's absolute wank pay. Just need to cut them some slack, but if they're not following the process, they won't be staying as drivers for long...
I wasn't criticising the drivers, I use Amazon alot and have mostly positive experiences from the drivers with a couple of exceptions. Just a shame the delivery tracking isn't working as well as it used to.

I wasn't criticising the drivers, I use Amazon alot and have mostly positive experiences from the drivers with a couple of exceptions. Just a shame the delivery tracking isn't working as well as it used to.
There are a few tricks to employ, airplane mode on your device is one of them if the drivers are moonlighting elsewhere. This is just speculation mind...

Been a long time since I drove for them so no idea! Better updates I think if you click the link in the despatch email and look on your web browser rather than the app.

The drivers are under a lot of pressure, and being Amazon, it's absolute wank pay. Just need to cut them some slack, but if they're not following the process, they won't be staying as drivers for long...

Edit: last route I did for them was 218 stops around Whitley Bay, didn't leave the depot until 11:40 and at that point their nav system didn't know the one way streets. I've had better days.
I once had a failed delivery because the driver couldn't find my address.

Not surprising really as he was on the wrong street.

I once had a failed delivery because the driver couldn't find my address.

Not surprising really as he was on the wrong street.
Believable! An inexperienced courier will follow the nav to the last detail. An experienced courier knows the area,route,shortcuts etc. I've been routed to wrong streets on both Just Eat and Uber this weekend alone, but I know what I'm doing. An inexperienced lad from overseas hasn't got that knowledge yet.

Edit: last route I did for them was 218 stops around Whitley Bay, didn't leave the depot until 11:40 and at that point their nav system didn't know the one way streets. I've had better days.

11.40am seems late - DPD have been knocking me up at 8am before.

I once had an Amazon delivery at 6.30am. Nearly died when the door went was convinced something terrible must have happened :lol: Luckily it was a day I'm in the office so was up already, I'd have been gutted if it was aWFH day and I didn't need to be up for another couple of hours

Expected delivery time said 3pm-5pm. At 2.45 pm I became desperate for a shite so went and sat on the pan. First bomb had set off on its mission when the doorbell rang. Had to prevent second bomb from dropping and cleaned up quick-sharp and legged it downstairs to see Amazon lad getting into his van with my parcel. Managed to attract his attention and duly received parcel.

Exciting days!
Not an issue.. means you are in so they don't have to leave it in your bin

I like it when they say they are 4 or so drops away.. means you can keep an eye out for next twenty minutes or so

Good for me..good for the driver
I was tracking a parcel and it said driver is two drops away. Then I watched the map as the van left our estate and headed west to Boldon. Continued through Boldon and eventually stopped at the industrial estate at Follingsby Park for about ten minutes before working its way back here. I said to the driver "You've been having an unusual afternoon haven't you!" He replied "I've had to go and take half a load off a van that's overfilled 'cos he's not going to get it all delivered in time. Can't stop to talk as I have this extra lot to deliver now!" I trust he was additionally remunerated for his extra work!
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but £20 minimum order to get next day delivery now.
Not if you have Amazon Prime.
I used to get better updates than I do now. Used to tell me how many stops away my parcel was. That has stopped recently.
Mine still does that providing the delivery is carried out by Amazon. Sometimes they will use couriers.

Last edited:
Was due a delivery (Amazon) the other week, and we had to take one of our dogs to the vets in an emergency (about 20 miles away).
Whilst at the vets, the delivery bloke rang to say he was outside our house.
I asked him to just leave the parcel in front garden, but he said a lot of people were hanging about so he didn't feel like he wanted to do that.

He said he would come back with it.
He did.
I reckon it was decent of him.

Expected delivery time said 3pm-5pm. At 2.45 pm I became desperate for a shite so went and sat on the pan. First bomb had set off on its mission when the doorbell rang. Had to prevent second bomb from dropping and cleaned up quick-sharp and legged it downstairs to see Amazon lad getting into his van with my parcel. Managed to attract his attention and duly received parcel.

Exciting days!

I was tracking a parcel and it said driver is two drops away. Then I watched the map as the van left our estate and headed west to Boldon. Continued through Boldon and eventually stopped at the industrial estate at Follingsby Park for about ten minutes before working its way back here. I said to the driver "You've been having an unusual afternoon haven't you!" He replied "I've had to go and take half a load off a van that's overfilled 'cos he's not going to get it all delivered in time. Can't stop to talk as I have this extra lot to deliver now!" I trust he was additionally remunerated for his extra work!

Not if you have Amazon Prime.

Mine still does that providing the delivery is carried out by Amazon. Sometimes they will use couriers.

That bike delivery was well timed.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
You could always go down town and buy your stuff there. 👍
Not always like. The bairn wanted a certain keyboard and mouse for his computer. Probably got Currys, Argos or the computer place over Roker way as options. Curry's is the closest to town and none of them had what he wanted anyway.

Grow up :lol:

Going to the town to buy stuff ffs

Like it’s the 1980s :lol:
Or place an order at 9PM Sunday and get delivery (free) around midday Monday :)

As an aside . I have had 3 experiences of low cost orders (under a fiver ) placed and received and not being quite what I wanted returned , only to be refunded and told to keep them . i1 was a can of WD40 , one a foot long spirit level and the other I forget :)

Or place an order at 9PM Sunday and get delivery (free) around midday Monday :)

As an aside . I have had 3 experiences of low cost orders (under a fiver ) placed and received and not being quite what I wanted returned , only to be refunded and told to keep them . i1 was a can of WD40 , one a foot long spirit level and the other I forget :)

Yes, not worth trekking into town, paying for parking and hunting around shops only to find that they are out of stock when you can order from Amazon in a few clicks and get a delivery within 12 hours.

I would really like to use other retailers but Amazon just make it so easy.

Yes, not worth trekking into town, paying for parking and hunting around shops only to find that they are out of stock when you can order from Amazon in a few clicks and get a delivery within 12 hours.

I would really like to use other retailers but Amazon just make it so easy.

The alternative Argos in Hartlepool is situated on a small retail park with the worst parking imaginable . Its rare you can actually find a spot and its private with at least one attendant on the prowl any given day . I avoid like the plague especially on a weekend

The Amazon lads are fine around here.

In fact all of the local drivers are decent, even Evri/Hermes.

Parcelforce is the best. He'll drop stuff at our shop, even if it's addressed to home address, if no ones there.

I use Amazon pick up at the Post Office a lot now. I'd had never noticed it as an option until a few weeks back. It's really good, stuff get there for about 10.30 as well.

The Amazon lads are fine around here.

In fact all of the local drivers are decent, even Evri/Hermes.

Parcelforce is the best. He'll drop stuff at our shop, even if it's addressed to home address, if no ones there.

I use Amazon pick up at the Post Office a lot now. I'd had never noticed it as an option until a few weeks back. It's really good, stuff get there for about 10.30 as well.

I've used Amazon Lockers a few times and they work well. Useful for when I don't know if I'm going to be home or even ordering things while on holiday for pickup nearby location.

Back